Thread: Good ol' uncle sam

Good ol' uncle sam

Fun fact: the us budget still has $60,000 a year reserved for zepplin defenses. I picture a well paid farmer with a shotgun driving around the country shooting them down.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Was this suppose to be a joke or something because i dont get it.

zepplin defenses
    What is that? Is that the big blimps? I couldn't imagine too much need for defense against a blimp...

http://www.ciderpresspottery.com/ZLA.html
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

No joke, ebo. The US budget roster is soooo long, they don't have time to go through it all and revise it every year. They just change what they feel is necessary year to year. Somehow, an entry for zeppelin defenses sliped through all of this time. The budget is full of 'em.

Zep·pe·lin also Zep·pe·lin (n.)
    A rigid airship having a long cylindrical body supported by internal gas cells.
    RedTheFed

THank you, now i understand this thread. Well its like when you have a load of money in your pocket, and you are buying only the things that you think are important, and they are expensive. If you had a dollar in your pocket with the rest of the stash, you wouldn't even know. Think about that. -Ebo

Originally posted here by ebo
    THank you, now i understand this thread. Well its like when you have a load of money in your pocket, and you are buying only the things that you think are important, and they are expensive. If you had a dollar in your pocket with the rest of the stash, you wouldn't even know. Think about that. -Ebo
    -so very true.

I find that no matter how much money I take out for lunch on Monday I will spend it all by Friday -the trick is finding the proper balance enough to cover lunch but not so much that I buy a lot of extra items.

Going back to original post :
    I picture a well paid farmer with a shotgun driving around the country shooting them down.
    I would not mind being that farmer.

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

not that I'm doubting you, but where did you find this information at? just curious.

El Diablo

Old Fart
    Zepplin Spotter.....hmmmm....I wonder how THAT would look on a resume?

Seriously though, it's a shame if this has in fact remained a line item all these years....but then it could also be just another source of "black ops" funding.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

<quote>not that I'm doubting you, but where did you find this information at? just curious. </quote>

I'm pretty curious too...

Too all doubtful/curious:

A good friend of mine who has been studying the fallacies (spelling?) of the us government found it in a book of Bushisms. I told him about the interest here at AO, and I had him go and find that book again. I'd love to get him to join us, but being a hippy without a computer, it makes it kinda tough. He has a lot of awesome opinions and theories on, well, life.
    RedTheFed