driver for hardware

Thread: driver for hardware

driver for hardware

I'm currently running with win98se. My problem is I don't know the driver for this 2 hardware. My mistaked losted the cd. ok for my geforce what I found on the card.
    50224A
    VDS 66 16A4A-6
    VDATA
    MX 400

And for my sound card. I only found this
    Avance logice Inc
    AL S4000

Hope I give you enough information. Thank you for your help. Oh by the way I go to this site to download my geforce http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_41.09 but I'm not sure whether I download the right driver. One again thank q for your help

y2k,

Try searching for your drivers in driverguide.com , it's a free site full of drivers and i almost sure you'll find them there.

Good luck!!!

You beat me to it Dark Raider; I was just about to suggest that site. It's great, next to the vendor's own site.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

hey the link that you gave us from nvidia is correct that will make your video card works and also about your sound card try this page http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/companies/44.htm
    just use als4000 and also OS
    Driverguide is a good search engine for drivers too
    good luck!
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

i dont know where to go, and to post, so i'm sorry to open my problem here, i have pinnacle pctv pro with its driver installed on my celeron 1.1ghz, 256Mb mem... when i capture video from a composite on my vcr the result is not good, its chilly, blurred.. pls help or point where could i read info about video capturing... thanks...

The Iceman Cometh
    Lex: the problem with video capturing with "budget" boards is that the quality will never be comparable to what you actually see on the television. One reason for it is due to the poor resolution of television compared to that of your computer monitor. Furthermore, size is a serious issue when recording any sort of video. To store a very high quality, 2 hour television program, would require a significant amount of hard disk space. If you watch television via your TV card in a 640x480 window, it'll look pretty good. Blow it up to 800x600 or 1024x768 (I think that's right), and it'll look extremely pixelated. For a start, check out the following site: http://www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/...20/RETURN-CODE It'll give you some more information about capturing video via your computer. You should be able to find more information on Google if you search for "video capturing resolution" or something similar.

AJ

lex,

What program are you using to capture video? If it's not a good one, have you tried with a better one?, as for example Adobe Premiere 6.5, and do you have the latest driver for your capturer? Have you checked if it has some bugs to correct? Take a look at your capturer's manufacturer website to get the last news and drivers about it.

Bye.