pls help me its very urgent..

Thread: pls help me its very urgent..

Unhappy pls help me its very urgent..

hello friends.. this is very urgent.. can anybody pls tell me from where can i download UNIX shell programming tutorials.. for newbies i am having my exam after two days.. and i do not have any study material.. pls help me..

thanks all of u ...

In
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

I found this URL rather usefull in helping me out with the shell programming routines. I hope that this is of value.

Best of luck on your exams, and regards.

[edit[
    it should be noted that the first link I provided is a paid site for full access to their tut's and what not, but they were covered by my employer, go figure.
    Many .edu sites will provide a decent background for you to get started with. This site had a good jumping point for your to get acquainted with the different shells that are available.
    The site also include links for tools such as awk and sed.
    [/edit]
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

The Iceman Cometh
    What is the exam for? The exam proctor(s) haven't given you any recommended books or web sites to get information from? Well, anyway, if you type "UNIX shell scripting tutorials" into Google, you should get tons of hits, some with worthwhile information, others with worthless information. All of the shell scripting I have done (using Korn Shell, Bash Shell and a few others) was done with information I received either from my own references or from web sites. I don't have immediate access to the web sites at the moment, but I'll try to remember to post them here tomorrow. Good luck on your exam, by the way.

AJ

thanks lots .. friends.. but they have not given any reference books.. neither. specified any sites.. but still i am trying to search thanks once again ..

in
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Banned
    try a search on shell scripting or check http://www.oreilly.com they should have some thing that since they publish lots of shell scripting reference books.

from gore's post of last week:

http://www.cec.uchile.cl/~lindsey/tutorial.htm
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”