Thread: Anyone recommend a good Apache!

Anyone recommend a good Apache!

Hey,

I have just set up a webserver running apache 2.0 (Very Basic one) I want to get a bit more into detail can anyone recommend me a good apache book, that could help me out... I have been using the "Redhat 7.3 bible" to get me going but need something more detailed (security for it and a lil' html and stuff). Thanks!

I have been looking at this one myself.

Linux Apache Web Server Administration, from the Craig Hunt library
    here
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...853564-8328634

I really liked the samba book from this same collection, also there is a linux security book from this collection which I thought was very well done.

Good Luck,

IchNiSan

I actually had the apache book, an earlier version which did not cover apache 2.0 at all, but it disappeared. I really think someone stole it, but, I have no hard evidence, just suspicion. The version which I had was good, I suspect the updated one is good as well.

Hi,

Yah i think i have narrowed it down to these two books:

1. Apache Server 2.0: The Complete Reference
    Author: Ryan Bloom
    Published By Osborne | Published 2002
    Trade Paperback |
    Our Price: $74.95

2. Professional Apache 2.0
    Author: Peter Wainwright
    Published By Wrox Press | Published 2002
    Trade Paperback |

what do you guys think... and what book would you choose out of those ?
    Im fairly new too linux and this is my first try working with Apache and anything to do with creating a webserver.

hmm, that link didn't lead me to any specific books, just a page which talked about how searches might turn out on that sight....

NM, you removed the link......

I have not read either of them, so, no comment, except to again mention the book I mention above....

er0k
    http://www.oreillynet.com/search/ind...pache&sp-k=all

you can find all you need there. oreilly does make the best computer books in the world

and if you want those books for cheap, register at safari.oreilly.com <- highly recommended