Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: firewalls for newbies

I wonder what the Bastard Sys Admin from Michigan would do to this "shy32" character if he were to catch him/her using a chat program on one of his computers during company time.....//thinkz.....even more interesting is what would happen if the sys admin were to find out that this person had been visiting warez! I'd love to see the reaction to that one! (Warez is not the *ahem* best site to visit while at work)....

That is a very scary thought looks for Gore I think it is safe.

Originally posted here by keezel
    I wonder what the Bastard Sys Admin from Michigan would do to this "shy32" character if he were to catch him/her using a chat program on one of his computers during company time.....//thinkz.....even more interesting is what would happen if the sys admin were to find out that this person had been visiting warez! I'd love to see the reaction to that one! (Warez is not the *ahem* best site to visit while at work)....

Oh yea, I definitely think this is a job for the Bastard System Admin from Michigan....

Someone find Gore and get him in here!

This is perfect material for his next BOFH story.....
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

ROFLMAO... I did consider seeing if we could get Gore to reply to this guys request... then I thought..... no I'll be kind I'll not bring this to Gore's attention..... but yeah it would be fun to watch...

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

You sound like a sysadmins nightmare....If I was him, I'd be blocking all warez sites as well as chatting....

If you really wanted to start chatting, you gotta find some way to get into the router configuration; depending on the size of the company it should be pretty easy....find the gateway and check it out; start with obvious passwords, 1234, admin, Administrator, <admin's name> etc. then find out which ports your chatting agent uses via netstat -an, then open up the ports on the router....

Of course the hard part is getting the password....lol...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    \"First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women\"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

If your chat program is being blocked its because of thermo neclear bio stress on your RAM chips cause by to much use and not enough Reliefe sessions.

If you have RAM card reliefe rod you should be fine. Just set them up and use the rod a few times. If you dont have one, youll have to get a nail gun and or a paper clip. Its just like when a sidewalk or porch gets a crack in the cement from stress. Take the nail gun and put one shot threw the MIDDLE of the HD. Make sure its the middle because otherwise itll ruin the machine. Also take the ram cards and de staticise them. If you have something like sox on your feet, run across some carpet for a few minutes while you let the static build up, then open your machine and pull out the RAM cards and push them back in repetedly for about 3 minutes. After this your cards will be fine and you can chat again. So all thats left is to stick a paper clip into the running machine's power supply. If it sparks dont worry, they are built for this. Just make sure to have nothing on your hands. have a nice day.

Its like that Ramone's song "gimmie gimmie shock treatment" All users do well from some electricity.