Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I love this site so...

I love this site so...

Hi,

I love this site so, when you like something and want to keep it, you try to maintain it as better as you can or improve it too. So i ask you why doesn't JP seem to like to fix the site bugs or improve it?. In my roll call i told you that, before being an AO member, i was a guest for almost a month, and from the first day i know OA i have seen many threads and posts marking different bugs in the site. This bugs were never fixed by JP, for example the "launch budddy list" isn't working since a long time ago so why i'd want to put someone in my buddy list if i can do nothing with him/she listed there?, in the mainpage there's a thread called "link from journal goes to forum homepage" that needs to be fixed since a long time ago too, you can't see the journals that aren't in the journals section (i mean directly, you have to give the URL to it, etc. if you want but there's not a direct link), some broken links, etc. Besides, many members had proposed very good improvements to the site and they haven't had any answer yet. Maybe, just maybe, JP isn't too worried about it and don't worry to fix them if he's thinking in selling the site. I know he has many other important thing to be worried about too, but this is his site, we are his "childs" and personally i'd love to see the site as perfect as it deserves it for giving us a really good place to be in.

Maybe for some of you this isn't a matter to be worried about because it doesn't change the way we make threads or posts (that is the most important) and, with these bugs or without them, we can continue posting as normal, but, personally, i just hope the bugs get fixed as soon as possible. Every AO member deserves it, and mostly old members.

Thanks.

Wops!!! Why is there always at least one members that takes another member post and takes it to another completely different meaning. If you read my post carefully you'll see that i say that JP has other more important things to do so don't remark it as if i have said another thing, i KNOW JP is busy, uff!!!, but there are bugs that have more than a year without being fixed. Obviously JP can do whatever he wants, no doubt about it, so don't remark it again, i never said that JP must do what we say, so i don't know why you change things that way.

One more thing, i will take your words that this site is a privilege but we "builded" that privilege too, JP commands it and we all obey, but he needs some persons to be discussing here... i can't imagine AO without members, a little boring don't you think so?

Thanks.

hum, could you please post here some links to the "bugs that have more than a year without being fixed"?
    If it's bugs related to the "Oops! a bug" section, you have to know that it's not because they are not said to be fixed in it that they are not.
    In fact, as far as I know, I don't remember of a bug which have not be quickly solved in at least a couple of weeks.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

HAHA!!! and the gods came from heaven to negg again for just giving different opinions. I know there are MANY members that are getting really tired of AntiPoints unfair situation. There are some really STUPID persons here that negg for nothing. I know these same STUPIDS will negg me after reading this but i don't care. Bann me if you like and i'll be back instantly. Maybe the GOOD members realize about this and talk to JP to start monitoring the thread system. Any member that gives a different opinion is negged instantly. The day the AntiPoints system was created JP said that we will give neggs for insults, harass other members, asking things like how to hack hotmail, misleading, but never to negg for just giving opinions. I just hope JP starts monitoring again and bann you all stupid neggers. Besides you are so less polite that with any negging message you always write an insult. Although nobody will write here, i know many members agree with me but are afraid of being negged so they won't post here. PM me if you like.

See you soon!!!

HAHA again, the idiot who negged me has deleted his post because someone else negged him too, HAHA!!! (for the ones that don't know he has posted a thread here as post#2 and delted the thread after someone negged him)

COWARD!!!
    COWARD!!!
    COWARD!!!

You don't deserve to be an AO member, i remember your name (nick), it's ALITTLEBITNUMB and i remember your avatar, it's a monkey... COWARD!!! Why did you delete your post?, COWARD!!! You just gave your opinion, why did someone negged you? HAHA!!! COWARD!!!

I'm happy now!!!

And Kisscool,

What about the launch buddy list bug? At least erase the link from AO mainpage until someone fix this bug. What about improvements? Many members have proposed some good ones and they have never had an answer.

Banned
    Yes when I see JP in IRC or wherever he is usually busy....

So why don't you go do something good for a change, chump.
    BTW If you like the site so much then why complain? You'll get over it.....

Get a hobby... umm... a job..... oh and maybe geting a life would also help 'eh?
    Ok kid come back when you calm down and get all of the above^

Later man

The Iceman Cometh
    I don't know what people said when they gave you negative APs, but I can see why they did. You suggested that there were multiple bugs which were posted but never resolved. I have to agree with KissCool here. I haven't seen any bugs which haven't been resolved in a fairly timely manner. Many bugs which people experience are due to their individual computer configurations, rather than actual bugs on the site. As KissCool suggested, why not post some of the links to threads regarding said bugs. As with anything in life, just saying something is true because you say so isn't going to get you anywhere... back it up with evidence and people will start to listen to you. Complain, especially about something as pointless as APs, and people are simply going to regard you as a complainer and not take you seriously. If you like this site so much, why not enhance the site by helping others and posting useful information rather than degrading the site by simply becoming another whining voice in the background...

AJ

Edit: Upon posting this, I read your response to the removed post. I know the person you are refering to, and I now that he doesn't back down simply for receiving some negative points. If you've been here, you'd realize that only newbies care about APs. Anyone who has a number of APs has them for a reason, because others value their input and opinions. There is no need for them to act cowardly, as you would say, simply because they received some negative points from some sad little newbie who thinks APs matter.

HAHAHA!!! Very polite!!! I received another INSULTING negging message saying "quit bitching"... go away IDIOT!!! I'm defending the good AO members from persons like you. IDIOT!!!

The Iceman Cometh
    As for improvements, they're simply suggestions. JP may like them, he may not like them. This is his site and he can say or do whatever he wants. If he doesn't like the suggestions, he won't implement them. Even if he does like them, he may not have time to implement them all. Deal with it. If you ran this site, maybe you'd do things differently. Honestly, most of the boards similar to AO I've been to don't even allow for users to give suggestions. JP's being as accomodating to his members as he can. If you can't respect that, then maybe you should go somewhere else... like www.disney.com, where the average user is as mature as you are.

AJ

Banned
    So let me get this straight.... You complain about bugs but when I checked nothing unusual happend.... And now from the way you typed it looks like your yelling your head off....

It appears that the only thing your defending is your label as a L0z£R!!

You don't deserve to be an AO member, i remember your name (nick), it's ALITTLEBITNUMB and i remember your avatar, it's a monkey... COWARD!!! Why did you delete your post?, COWARD!!!
    FYI, I didn't neg you. There was no use. I deleted my post because this thread is going nowhere. It's just another bellyaching post.