Fake ip on direct connect

Thread: Fake ip on direct connect

Fake ip on direct connect

Is it possible to fake your ip-adress on direct connect?

Banned
    How do you mean? If you mean 'trick' the ISP into assigning you a 'different' address, i dont think so - or do you mean like navigating through a proxy server? If it is the latter, there are many available, just search around.

I mean like this.

If you are banned on a hub, is it possible to get in anyway by using a fake ip-adress?

If you are banned on a hub, you may be banned by ethernet MAC address instead of IP address, therefore changing IP address will make no difference.

Most switches with security features have a set of MAC addresses which they accept - a "whitelist" for each port, and will ignore any device with another MAC address on that port. If they have banned you by completely disabling that port, it is useless.

Otherwise, you may be able to spoof the MAC address of a legitimate device (you may have to spoof its IP address too, but that's easy) allowed on that port.

If you are in a school, university or library etc, please be nice and don't mess things up

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you faked your IP, (spoofed it), you wouldn't be able to connect anyway since the replies would be sent to the spoofed address......

Rather than spending your time trying to find a way to beat this system you might want to try working on the side of your character that got you banned in the first place..... It will serve you better in the long run I can assure you........
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides