Thread: Linux&Drivers??!!

Post Linux&Drivers??!!

Hi,
    the main problem most users of Linux get is finding the drivers for their hardware.
    Facts::: My Motorola modem was not detected by Linux.

*Going to the site of Red Hat, I found the following:::
    Driver for Motorola56kv90(everything is normal till now) data/fax .{End of the driver list}

*Checking with my modem documentation, i found the following:::
    Motorola56kv90(Similar to the one found in Red Hat Site till now) data/fax/voice

*On Motorola Site(I still have to hope to find it here who knows):::
    Driver for Motorola56kv90(everything is normal till now) data/fax compatible with Linx Red Hat 5.2 or newer Only.{End of the driver list}

*On Linuxmodems.com:::
    same as Red Hat Site

ISN'T A CRAZY WORLD???!!! Ô.ô
    Can someone tell me now how can i manage to Connect to internet through my modem under Linux(if there is a way) because i found in a site that *nix use only the right drivers??, is it True??
    Toka Koka: To receive a reward, an equivalent sacrifice has to be made!

Hi there have you try to go to this link http://e-www.motorola.com/collateral...ERS.html#linux

Hope that's help If you haven't check this site..
    ISN'T A CRAZY WORLD???!!! Ô.ô
    Mmmm....might be not crazy..my advised..never give up to solved your problem...

Good luck
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Arrow

Thanx for the reply SwEeT_AnGeL ,it was a real pleasure (this is the first reply i get in this site)
    but it seems like you didn't check the post well, i tried that site and it has driver for data/fax only while mine isdata/fax/voice ...

Thanx for taking care

I just checked the page on the motorola-site.
    I can be wrong, but it seems to me that you can use the driver for 'SM56 Software Modem (Data/Fax) ' to make your modem work. If you follow the installation-instructions on that page you will be able to use your modem to connect to the internet.

You will not be able to use the voice (answering machine)-function in linux, because there seems to be no linux-driver/prog for this function.

i aplogize if im piggy backing this site but i think its very relevent, and i didnt want to start a new needless thread. im having trouble finding drivers for my buddies sony desktop comp, i was wondering if anyone knew of any sites i could goto to find drivers for it.thanx for all replies in advanced.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

Arrow

Sorry for deceiving you Roleant
    but *nix OS accept only the right driver, if it doesn't has the right driver it won't even put in the non identified hardware...
    Moreover, a hardware for the is just like a file
    that' why Windows is still alive and used lol
    [pong] [/pong]

it seems like you didn't check the post well, i tried that site and it has driver for data/fax only while mine isdata/fax/voice ...
    ok ..I know you have..data/fax/voice, but have you try driver data/fax?? you should try to use that driver..if you cannot find your driver for your data//fax/voice..better try then nothing.
    Maybe work..or maybe not working, but at least..you already try.

Cheerss

Dear and SwEeT_AnGeL,
    I did not want to say it directly but i did try the 2drivers(from red hat and motorola) too many times ...
    After reading your comments i decided to try again, 4hours in front of Linux tryin the drivers all over again for times and times but it was useless ...
    It seems like i was banned by my modem lol
    I hate saying that but m begenning to be hopeless( i feel not really ok when i am) ...
    Anyone who has a better idea will be always welcome...!!! fanks