Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Members NICK's meanings...???

I'm confused.... never mind.

My nick originated from the fact that in my adolescent years I was a major smart ass who uses mirc. How times have changed.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

The name Nevyn, meaning no one, comes from the Devery series by Katherine Kerr (the book series that got me hooked on reading ) and the 357 was just a number I came up w/ because it's easy to type on the num pad and all odd numbers...use it for everything (including my cell phone # )
    I want you to know that our friendship means a lot to me. You cry...I cry. You laugh...I laugh. You jump out of a window...I look down...then I laugh again.

Korp, a play on the word and idea of the "corporation". Death, self explanatory.

I've been employed by some pretty big corporations and my experiences with people who work for large corporations has not been good, can you tell?

So, KorpDeath I am.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

since i'm a family person it stands for the names of my children

I am a huge fan of the band Radiohead, and my favorite cd by them is Kid A, so KidAdmin sounded pretty nice. I also own KidAdmin.com.

Cheers.
    im not living, im just killing time.
    Go to KidAdmin.com

Banned
    If you reverse the letters of my nick, it reads evitagen. I've been involved in the Evita Perón Genetical Engineering project since August 26, 1952.

Exactly one month after the tragical dead of Eva Perón, the Spiritual Leader of the Nation of Argentina, the Evita Genetical Engineering project was founded by some leading companies in the genetic engineering-business, including names such as Negatiine (North European Genetics Agency, That Is In the North of Europe) and EURO-GHWC (European Union Rock On, Genetics Here We Come).

On August 16, 1958, our Bay City, Michigan, US-department, reported an almost succesfull reverse engineering attempt, dubbed Madonna (Michigan Announcement: Damn, Only Nine Nails Added - ("instead of ten": but the battery died so we didn't receive that part of the message at that time).
    Since then, no news has been received from our Bay City-department. The Madonna-project was put in the freezer for a while, but recent reports point in the direction of a revival.

Since the early 90's, the Evitagen-project basically died a quick death. All we've been doing since then is come together on Sundays to have a cup of coffee and sing our Evitagen O Epyt-anthem.

Neg, you've got to much time on your hands.....

mine doesn't have a special meaning...sniff...just my randomness at work
    and Negative, can I come and sing "Don't Cry for me Argentina" some day?
    I like that movie
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

As you can guess when you see my avatar, 'Uhu' is just the german noun for 'eagle owl' (bubo bubo).
    Awakening in the evening (like me!), watching with sharp eyes (like me?), looking wise and strong (ehm ...) these birds have ever been fascinating for me.

There is also another funny explanation for this name. It has to do with the age of a person. As in englisch speaking countries in Germany young people between 10 and 20 are called 'teens' followed by the 'twens' between 20 and 30.

In my milieu two further definitions have been added:

'bivi' for a person between 30 and 40 (german: 'bis vierzig' meaning 'up to forty') and finally
    'uhu' for a person between 40 and 100 (german: 'unter hundert' meaning 'under hundred').

So now you can surely guess how old I am at least.

Uhu