Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Members NICK's meanings...???

My nick comes from my job...I work in telecommunications, so here's the breakdown:

T1 = Stands for DS1 (1.544Mbps) line.
    T3 = Stands for DS3 (45Mbps) line.
    SONET = Stands for S ynchronus O ptical Net work, used in fiber optic systems...

Simple!
    \"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former.\" -- Albert Einstein

Mine was given by my basketball teammates after the chinese Martial Artist known as Bolo Young seen in movies such as Enter The Dragon and Double Impact. Back in High School I was the biggest (not fat) and shortest post player about 6'2. So the nicknamed me Big Bolo on top of that the chicks digg it because the think it has a sexual meaning behind it... so I kept it because of that and have used it ever since.

Bolo
    The strong do as they will and the weak suffer what they must.It is a choice. You don\'t choose to do the right thing all the time. You do the right thing all the time. Wining is a habit, unfortunately so is losing.

I got my nick from the episode of invader Zim where zim was talking to Dark Bootie on the internet; i tried to get the darkbootie nick, but someone already had it, so i took bootieofdarkness.

Well mines easy.... I am Just Plain Nuts so Tha Nutta was born!!!!

No seriously I like Shy FX"S Hes a UK Jungle DJ and on of his songs is the Mad Nutta...

Killer song.

Well I am a little nuts to.....not everyone can be sane some of us have to pave the way for the nutties...
    [glowpurple]The Nutta [/glowpurple]

Well, mine actally wasnt my idea. Its all about the hair. LOL
    If you could see in my picture in my profile, my hair is spiked up but brushed back. And the day after i got the hair cut (and this was during collage), my classmates were surprised of my hair cut since i usually have long hair. Then they started teasin me calling me Sonic (the hedgehog) coz my hair ended up looking like sonic the hedgehog's spikes. anyway, so one day i joined this site called unixhideout.com and hackersincorporated.org and i wanted to get a cool name.. so i came up with sonic. but that was already taken so i used the zero.. and got s0nIc.. and since then ive been using s0nIc.

and besides, i won the competition when me and my classmates decided to have a comp between me and the renound geek in class on who can log into da WinNT box wid admin rights. and i won by 5 mins.

hmm... not many people actually wonder where my name comes from..

many years ago, I more or less lived on irc.msn.com. I was one of the first few people to get DSL and actually know how to secure it. I started out my IRC life as j0nah, but after a few close friends were targeted by script kiddie twits. I setup a socks proxy and allowed some friends to bounce through me to hide their vulnerable dial-up connections. After a weeks of these script kiddies packet bombing me with no effect. They did a little research and found that I was the owner of the IP, and that I was a pretty respected owner of several rooms. At first their reaction was to try and take these rooms with their splitbots. Which worked like the first 2 times, until I recieved what later turned into some of the fastest MIRC socket split bots on MSN. And after they found they couldn't drop me, or take my rooms they started calling me a thug or a goon.. So to make fun of them I picked it up as my nick. I was the protector of the innocent and helpless, the big hairy burly g00n that used to beat the hell outa the bullies that roamed the servers.

sometimes i miss those days.. the pleasure i would get after seeing 20 cable modems flooding my dsl... then the growing confusion and frustration as the kiddies wondered why I was still around, and finally the scolding they recieved from their more experienced friends when they found out who they were using the botnet to drop.. i loved my life..

mine is old schoo, back when I was a hacker. Acid Drive is how it is said, person who melts hdrives like acid. It was the thing with my friends and I. I was either the person always formatting a computer because of a virus I messed up and unleashed on myself, or because of some crazy stuff I use to unleash on others.

HB stands for Hacker Bandwidth, the clan I belonged to. So long ago, forgotten.. but my friends remember the name and it's kind of stuck so I use it these days. Though I hope to bring a better meaning to it, as the days of hacking like that are way in the past for me now.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Smile

Well, tatui, which is actually written tatuĂ*, is a weird small crustacean, Eremita brasiliensis . It can be found in many beaches, dwelling in sand. What I can't explain is why I picked this name.. I am not even very fond of beach.. or crustaceans. Wait, shrimps are yummmyyyyyyy! Ah, here's a picture:
    http://www.usp.br/cbm/artigos/praia/praia003.jpg
    And here, another Eremita:
    http://www.biology.ucsc.edu/classes/...a/Ext-view.jpg

This thread is getting bigger and bigger keep "writing"...Well done -DaRK-RaiDeR-, nice idea to create this thread, it is a chance to say sth about yourself and express your opinion maybe.

Mine Nick name come from the movie BAT21 starring gene Hackman and frankly speaking I watched that movie only for 5 minutes ;-)
    GOD BLESS YOU