Anyone who wants a free $20...

Thread: Anyone who wants a free $20...

Banned

Anyone who wants a free $20...

There are lawsuits, which are currently pending in the United States District Court for the District of Maine, that relate to the retail pricing of prerecorded music compact discs, cassettes or vinyl albums (collectively known as prerecorded Music Products).

The littigations are accusing the Defendants (Capitol Records, Inc. d/b/a EMI Music Distribution, Virgin Records America, Inc., and Priority Records LLC; Time Warner, Inc., Warner-Elektra-Atlantic Corp., WEA, Inc., Warner Music Group, Inc., Warner Bros. Records, Inc., Atlantic Recording Corporation, Elektra Entertainment Group, Inc., and Rhino Entertainment Company; Universal Music & Video Distribution Corporation, Universal Music Group, Inc., and UMG Recordings, Inc.; Bertelsmann Music Group, Inc. and BMG Music; and Sony Music Entertainment Inc. The Retailer Defendants are: MTS, Inc. d/b/a Tower Records, Musicland Stores Corp., and Trans World Entertainment Corp.) of illegally raiseing the prices of prerecorded Music Products by implementing Minimum Advertised Price policies,

Of course all these Co. are denying the accusations

Distribution

The cash paid by the Defendants, after the payment of attorneys' fees, litigation and Settlement administration costs, shall be distributed to consumers who purchased Music Products. The number of claims filed will determine the actual amount of the individual refund but will not exceed $20.00 per claimant.

YOU WILL GET MONEY FROM THIS IF YOU LIVE IN THE US FROM THESE MONEY HUNGRY RECORD COMPANYS

Filing your claim is EASY. Its web-based and I just completed it myself. The more people that file a claim the more money will be received (not exceding $20.00).

Send this information to everyone you know and give a voice to what they are doing to us is WRONG by price gaugeing.

File your claim here.

Visit the website here.

Whoa, and I was looking on the website, this look's pretty legit to me! Hrm, and I actually HAVE purchased a CD and a Cassette tape in the last few month's. Thanks for the link, a free $20 seem's like a nice deal to me! I'm going to share this with everyone that I know, thanks again
    Space For Rent.. =]

Well, Jehnny.. The claim is a payout of five to twenty dollars depending on the claims filed. If payouts appear to equal less than $5.00 there will be no cash payout to individuals, rather a contribution to non for profit organizations. I originally felt, that is why they published the website and avertised the issue on the radio. Also, why can't we do this with Microsoft? With payouts between $500. - $2000. I believe that is about close to what they over charged me in a three month span of buying software for my gaming areana.

The cash paid by the Defendants, after the payment of attorneys' fees, litigation and Settlement administration costs, shall be distributed to consumers who purchased Music Products. The number of claims filed will determine the actual amount of the individual refund but will not exceed $20.00 per claimant. If the number of claims filed would result in refunds of less than $5.00 per claimant, there will be no cash distribution to individual consumers. Rather, the cash portion of the Settlement shall be distributed to not-for-profit, charitable, governmental or public entities to be used for music-related purposes or programs for the benefit of consumers who purchased Music Products.

just an update: I did receive a payment!

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Me too
    about $13 and change
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

I received a payment of $13.50 three month's ago.
    Space For Rent.. =]