dcsimg

View Poll Results: Poll: Do you read the EULA ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always read the whole thing so i understand it

1 7.69%
  • I glance through it quckly

2 15.38%
  • I sometimes read it or read parts of it

5 38.46%
  • I never read it I just click .. Yes

5 38.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Probably get banned for this one.......

Heh, the reason I took a break from AO (4 day break or something like that, yes it was hard) was mostly because of a few threads that were being posted that had no purpose or was nothing but a whine of some sort. These JP threads kinda get annoying IMO because it's as simple as this: Any choice he makes, is his choice. It's his *****ing site, his choice to do whatever is his. Forget causing any drama with a decision reguarding the site and just continue sharing and spreading information about Computer Security. That's JMHO, so take it for what it's worth.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I haven't had any problems with JP. He's respected me and I've shared that respect with him. It's perfectly plausible that a missunderstanding was made between you and him, and that it could be worked out. I think you should have PM'd him through the AO system instead of making yet another anti-JP thread. Things like this should be settled in private.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

Originally posted here by imaginedsanity
    I haven't had any problems with JP. He's respected me and I've shared that respect with him. It's perfectly plausible that a missunderstanding was made between you and him, and that it could be worked out. I think you should have PM'd him through the AO system instead of making yet another anti-JP thread. Things like this should be settled in private.
    Yeah, I'll agree. I've never personally talked to him through a chat or IM thing (a few emails was all) and I find him to be a respectable kind of guy. Personally, I'd start a "pro-JP" thread, but it might add to the crap and might be seen as ass-kissing. However, I am appreciative of the website he brings to us and the learning I am able to have because of him and AntiOnline. To those that are "against" JP: like imaginedsanity said, do it in private. Cluttering up the forums is kinda pathetic.
    Space For Rent.. =]

this is the only prob ive had with JP, at first i thought it was a misunderstanding also but everytime i would try to talk with him about it he would kick me out, this last time he banned me.so i dont know i would like to get to know JP and become friends, but i dont think hes up to that. so i just say whatever for now, im just going to ignore him unless he wants to apologize or explain himself.
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

knoledgesponge, when you (or anybody else) bugs JP or anybody else that does not wanna be bugged, chances are they will tell you about it. I personally never had a serious problem with JP, and the times he's been in IRC he's been alright. The best way to explain my feelings towards JP is pretty much neutral.

My best advice is to leave it alone.

Other than that, good luck.

albn

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by knoledgesponge
    this is the only prob ive had with JP, at first i thought it was a misunderstanding also but everytime i would try to talk with him about it he would kick me out, this last time he banned me.so i dont know i would like to get to know JP and become friends, but i dont think hes up to that. so i just say whatever for now, im just going to ignore him unless he wants to apologize or explain himself.

Lets see....theres in excess of 100,000 members of AO (yeah, lots are inactive or dual identities) and 1440 minutes in a day. Given that JP does not sleep, eats in front of the computer, takes a laptop with him when he goes to take a dump, he can then spend 0.0144 seconds of quality time each day with all of his "friends". Would YOU be up for that?

The point is that we all can't be "friends" with JP....nobody (with the possible exception of politicians) can be friends with that many people. And to be honest with you, JP's relationship with anyone or any organization is his business...not yours, not mine. "Hey man, whats up with you and so-and-so" is a PERSONAL question...pure and simple.

Just out of curiosity, how many times do you have to get kicked for asking a question before you figure out that you're asking a question that will get you kicked? Seems to me that the first time should have gotten the message across.

As for the apology...why should he apologize to you? You asked him a personal question (repeatedly) that was none of your business. So maybe you might want to consider making an apology yourself.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

dont take it personal dude, in allot of irc servers if you pm the admins, its usually an instant ban, they got more things to do that chat. advice is if you could ask someone else (like an +o(@)) and tell them what u need, or if jp is chatting ask him in the main room if he would mind if you pmed him, he was prolly busy when u did it, thats how u got abuse.....least u wernt banned from irc...instantly (which i have seen many times on other networks) readup a Irc nettiqueite.

and jp works hard on AO, he can do without ppl`s pm windows popping up all over the place

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

ITs kinda like when celebrities attack..... everyone hangs for the moment they loose the plot, but cant be arsed with them when they are nice n charming......

JP has always been rude.... read the mailbags!! some funny **** there.... but i feel he kinda has a right to be rude.... so many HaXors have pissed over him for this website over the years... and i would like to remind you all, we are playing in his back yard after all ...
    \"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.\"
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

Knowledgesponge: well, if i had to believe u in what u say.

i believe that JP is wrong.
    even if u r a busy man, or a big shot or something,
    even if u own this site , and we use it for free.

respect is respect, nothing more , nothing less.
    that's one of the reason we come to this site, in addition to knowdege ( it's a nice and friendly place to stay in )

i.e. if u was surfen a site and u did like it, but the owner keeps insulting u, you would leave the site ! ( so respect is something important , no it's a must )

Knowledgesponge, asked JP if he is free, nothing big deal about it !!

how about a simple answer (((( NO )))) , uh, it would take lots of time typing ( NO ) ?
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

this is retarded