Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling for Columbine

there was a young couple gunned down with UZIs right the street from me not too long ago. he was home on leave from the navy she was his girkfriend. no amount of gun control would have helped because these guys couldn't have obtained these guns legally to begin with.

hand guns stolen from a pokice garage were for sale in my grammer school when i was a kid but yet i have to be screened and wait a few days to get a cap and ball colt or a bb gun and they'd like to take that away too. do people really believe most crimes are commited with legally purchased firearms?

too many are trying to project the blame away from themselves. first its we need gun control. ok we have gun control and we still have violence. hmm! what do we need now? stiffer gun control! oh no i got it! its vidio games! yeah thats it...its an insidious plot of satan to hide his message of violence in vidio games to warp kids minds. why its right up there with marijuana!

somehow i dont think were going to correct this problem with more laws. especially if those laws are aimed at those not breaking the law to begin with.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    First of all, most states require licensing. However, looking at Columbine, another adult bought the guns and gave them to the perps, so much for licensing.

Didn't the perps know it was illegal to bring guns to school? So much for new gun laws and stiffer penalties.

I live in Vermont, the state basically has one gun law. It is illegal to use a gun in the performance of a crime. Of course there are the local ordinances and the federal laws.

Societal values, abandonment of parental responsibilities are to blame. I have two children. One is autistic and is treated like a "retard" by some of his classmates. My daughter isn't in the "princess" clicque and they make her life hell. The school, in spite of written policies on verbal and physical harassment, just can't handle this situation. Of course, if I ever saw bomb parts in either of their rooms, like one of the columbine parents, I would stop them from doing "justice".

Maybe giving a tax break to wealthy investors will help.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Wink

Mr Charlton "From my cold, dead hand" Heston has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Perhaps karma really does exist?

Here are a few interesting facts taken from the Bowling For Columbine website...

1953: U.S. overthrows Prime Minister Mossadeq of Iran. U.S. installs Shah as dictator.

1954: U.S. overthrows democratically-elected President Arbenz of Guatemala. 200,000 civilians killed.

1963: U.S. backs assassination of South Vietnamese President Diem.

1963-1975: American military kills 4 million civilians in Southeast Asia.

September 11, 1973: U.S. stages coup in Chile. Democratically elected president Salvador Allende assassinated. Dictator Augusto Pinochet installed. 5,000 Chileans murdered.

1977: U.S. backs military rulers of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans and four American nuns killed.

1980's: U.S. trains Osama bin Laden and fellow terrorists to kill Soviets. CIA gives them $3 billion.

1981: Reagan administration trains and funds "contras". 30,000 Nicaraguans die.

1982: U.S. provides billions in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to kill Iranians.

1983: White House secretly gives Iran weapons to help them kill Iraqis.

1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington. U.S. invades Panama and removes Noriega. 3,000 Panamanian civilian casualties

1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons from U.S.

1991: U.S. enters Iraq. Bush reinstates dictator of Kuwait.

1998: Clinton bombs "weapons factory" in Sudan. Factory turns out to be making aspirin.

1991 to present: American planes bomb Iraq on a weekly basis. U.N. estimates 500,000 Iraqi children die from bombing and sanctions.

2000-01: U.S. gives Taliban-ruled Afghanistan $245 million in "aid".

September 11, 2001: Osama Bin Laden uses his expert CIA training to murder 3,000 people.

Food for thought...

Food for taught or food for future income ?
    assembly.... digital dna ?