Thread: Can someone tell me?

Question Can someone tell me?

I'm just newbie for this forum, please answer..

I use the LAN for connected to internet. Actually in my LAN connected use with wireless network, so it a little bit slow. And the server is use firewall, i don't know what type's of firewall. That i want to ask is i cann't use for ICQ or another chat program, coz it's blocked or behind the firewall.

Can someone tell me how is the way, so i can chat with ICQ or MIRC?.
    Or can someone tell me how to pass that firewall??

Thank's
    Now i just can follow the other..
    Later and Next Other Must Follow Me..

Well, I'm behind a firewall and I can use AIM. Its sending files that my wall has a problem with.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Can someone tell me how is the way, so i can chat with ICQ or MIRC?.
    Or can someone tell me how to pass that firewall??
    There might be a reason why these programs are blocked. Some networks filter sites, use proxies, firewalls, and other stuff to keep students and workers on task as well as reduce liability.

So in short, it would be a good idea to follow policy and not circumvent that firewall.

hope this helps

albn

my school does that too,blocks "hacker" sites and blocks chatting.but PM_MAHATHIR if your lan only has one firewall (like this library heh) you can probably if they only block the programs not the port, just use an anonymizer,or you can download the program somewhere else and then bring it to your work or whatever.but if that is the case, and you have semi intellegent admins who log traffic from different ports, theyre probably going to bust you pretty quickly, so unless its worth that much to u and worth taking the risk....dont do it. by the way albn i like your sig!
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?