Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am Having Serious Web site problems

Just a quick note, you guys are most certainly correct about not using Frontpage and such. I know that some pretty good HTML editors have already been mentioned, but I personally use Edit Plus, it works great for me. It has color coding, etc. I've been using this particular editor for years now and I think it's great.
    - Maverick

Umm..yeah drew, dreamweaver is one the best available in the market.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Front Page is yor main problem.
    That was one of the many problems you will confront with this application, there are lots more.
    Stick with the basic html editor either wysywyg or normal.
    Of course it takes time!, but once you learn, you will never regret it.

Jorge
    Prohibido Prohibir

A little off subject but wouldn't using frontpage give away what OS you are running? Isn't it a good idea to keep this a secret as much as posible? You can view the source off a page and tell right off it was done with windows because of the tags at the top. HTML isn't that hard to learn. It took me a good weekend and I had all of the basics down well. Have fun!

melakii
    \"I am trying to beat it but it is a losing fight.\" - My dad said this the day before he died. I will make him proud.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Has anyone downloaded 1st Page successfully lately. My unzip program says its corrupt, tried downloading 3 times. Cnet stopped carrying the program.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Yeah I got it maybe 2 weeks ago, worked fine for me. Maybe your connection was just shitty at the time.

fourdc I'm using Evrsoft's 1st page 2000 without ne problems..

downloaded it today from: http://www.evrsoft.com/download/

I used it at home b4 and then there were no problems either..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

GreekGoddess
    You'll get to a point with coding that you'll prefer handcode over something generated for you. I learned how to do HTML on my own and went from there. Dreamweaver is a good program, but you shouldn't have to rely on a program to do the work for you. If you don't know what's going on in the code, having a program put it there for you isn't going to teach you anything. Dreamweaver is excellent for site layouts, but as for maintenance and small changes and such, just use notepad and your head.