Thread: Problems with Sawfish

Problems with Sawfish

Hey all i have been having some problems with sawfish every time i open my home directory i stays idle for a long period of time and doesent let me browse my directory's graphically and i have to kill the running process which in turn results to my desktop icons dissapearing.I have had this problem before with the icons dissapearing but it was firestarter which was causing it for some strange reason

recently i had some hard drive trouble so this is a fresh install of redhat 7.3 i think the problem is caused when i logged in to KDE and the Desk top settings wizrd appeared so when that asked me how much of the proccesor i wanted to use i put the bar to full.So this is where i an thinking the problem is ( i may be wrong though) i was also thinking i needed more RAM but i will copy paste the processor and RAM specs

information value
    processor 0
    Vendor ID AuthenticAMD
    cpu family 6
    model 4
    model name AMD athlon(tm) Processor
    stepping 2
    cpu MHZ 1000.057
    cache size 256 KB
    fdiv_bug no
    hit_bug no
    f00f_bug no
    coma_bug no
    fpu yes
    fpu_exeption yes
    cpuid level 1
    wp yes
    flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

bogomips 1992.29

i will include a screen shot of my ram staus taken from the KDE control center the processor specs are also from the KDE control center

I have also tried up-dating sawfish but i had the current up-dated version allready installed

So does any one have any ides why this is acting this way or a way to fix the problem or run the Desktop settings wizard again i have been trying to fix this problem for 2 days now and im at my wits end any help is greatly appreciated thanks to all in advance who provide answer to this post
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

AFAIK, Sawfish is a window manager, not file manager. Therefore any problem with a file management application (you haven't said which one) is probably nothing to do with it.

The program you're having problems with *may* be "gmc" (Gnome Midnight Commander). I run Mandrake 8.2 with gnome which uses sawfish and gmc. Although I don't use graphical file managers very much, I have no problems with sawfish or gmc.

Slarty i aint got a clue which file manager i use i dont use the GUI much either i use it mainly for reading tutorials because if i read in a shell for to long i start getting headaches the problem isnt affecting my sytem in any way the only reason it is bothering me is because i dont know why its doing it or whats wrong and how to fix it thanks for the reply though i apreciate it

EDIT are there any way to change file managers ?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/