Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Printer is being mean to me.

My Printer is being mean to me.

Okay. So I know that this has nothing at all to do with security but it's way annoying and it's making me unable to print.

On my computer I have a canon bubblejet bjc-265sp printer. For ages it has been saying that it could not print and it was unable to detect a port. So after trying my hardest to see what was wrong I deleted the printer to reinstall it.

Everything seemed to happen accordingly until it got to the printing stage, when the printer icon came up down the bottom right near the msn icon and the time and that. If I clicked into it it said that my pages were printing and then after not long the window would close down, as if it had printed normally. The only problem was the printer didn't print me any pages.

It's really annoying me because I wanna print out tabs for 'in bloom' by nirvana, (that song is genious, btw) and I can't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last time i had to fix a printer that had a similar problem, it was because the port was wriong, Windows uses LPT1 for default, but if its hooked in through USB for example you have to go into the printer setting and look in control panel, under printers, right click on your printer, go to properties, the select the details tab, then where it says print to the fallowing port, select wherever you have your printer plugged in and then you should be ok, if that doesnt work, then i realy have no idea but one of the other members should be able to help you.

EDIT: DR evil, since your being like that to her i guess ill point out something.

"so please delete this thread

and post it in AntiOnline's General Chit Chat or AntiOnline: How Do I? or What Is?"

how do i or what is? is for AO site related which has nothing to do with her printer. so if your going to basically call her a moron and tell her to delete the thread and be mean to her for not knowing something like what board to post in, at least make sure YOU know what forums are for what to

in addition to what gore has said for checking ur PC

1- check that ink is ok.
    2- check if driver is correct for ur OS version.
    3- check that head are clean
    4- do some cleanings inside.

if all that didn't work, it could be something wrong with the board.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

umm, ok so you wanna tell me to read right when you said i called her a moron? hmm, well, i said you BASICALLY called her one, i read the post and it seemed like you were making her feel dumb to me, as for the me negging you, i refrain from doing something and you assume it was me, for someone saying get the facts right you sure are assuming alot here, now me personally iv been here longer and wouldv put it in general chit chat, shes a newbie here so she may not have experiance yet i dont know. thats a bit aggervating that you say you didnt call her a moron and that i did and to read the post right when i didnt call her that but you say i did.

"Its sad that you negged me for this, you are a bully who trying to show off as a hero."

so you got a neg signed by me from this post huh? thats amazing seeing as how i know i didnt do that. and as for showing up as a hero? sorry man i dont wear tights and fight crime, i try answering questions the best i can, i think bimmer did a better job than i did, i just remembered fixing a printer with a similar problem and gave a step by step on how i got the one i was working on to work.

for real man when you go to reply and say how someone should read posts better and get there facts right maybe you should practice what you preach, kinda like in your first post to her where you said it should be in a different thread like how do i or what is when that one is for AO sit related, and man i dont feel like fLAME war getting started so unless your gunna reply with something helpful to a post thats actually at least trying to answer a question for goodness sakes dont post. Or at least try helping once in a while.

bimmer did a better job at answering it and he works for the company so i think he can help more but i replied trying to say what i did to get it to work when i had that happen and it worked.

"If you read my thread properly"

"Get your facts right "

Practice what you preach.

ok guys, back to our issue ( sorry for crashing ur discussion )

kellybelly182_1 : when u send a print order, do u c the printer it self ( LED ) flashing.
    if yes, then the printer did recieve the print order, though u have a problem with the printer.

if no, then the problem might be 70% from any part before reaching the printer, such as.
    port, driver, pc, spooling etc.

pls. check and get back to me
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix

oh for fuks sake man, READ.

and DID I SAY that she had a right to post it anywhere she felt like? NO, but shes new, and sometimes new people make a mistake, it wasnt that bad of a mistake so sometimes its even aloud to slide!!! (yea i know it may seem like a weird concept that humans make mistakes but it happens) and how do you know she wasnt going to put it in the right spot but accidently clicked the wrong link? and how in the HELL can you be that damn stubborn that you still say i called her a moron man???? my God its like your one of those people that walks up to the entrance door and waits for it to slide open and then after ten minutes someone points out to you "hey thats the entrance the exit is right there" and you tell them no you dont want to buy a phone card like you dont know what there saying.... man i just am having trouble grasping the fact that your being that hypocritical and saying to "read your posts better and get the facts straight" and then totally doing it yourself.

"now me personally iv been here longer and wouldv put it in general chit chat,"

i still didnt answer your question even though it was in the first couple sentences i typed out???. and to be honest, i really dont care whatsoever at all if you believe me or not, so, that means im prolly not going to respond anymore, iv said my part trying to help and even sunk down to a kid level trying to get you to read and now the hell with it, you gotta live with yourself being like that not me

It's a gas!
    Kellybelly:

Are there any warning lights flashing on your printer? If so then it is a h/w fault with the printer. If not then chances are its a communications issue as you have uninstalled/reinstalled your driver.

If its a parallel connection (LPT) then you could try a DOS test if your using windows 9x, or if youre using windows 2k or XP you could try installing a generic driver to see if youre getting the same problem.

DOS test for windows 9x:
    Restart in DOS - Start > Shutdown > Restart in MS DOS Mode
    On the command prompt type dir>lpt1 which should send the contents of C:\Windows to your printer. If this doesnt work then its a comms issue and you could try replacing the parallel cable and testing the printer on different pc.
    If this works then its an application or windows issue.

If its USB then there is no communications test, however you could check to see what USB controller youre using as there are known issues with Via and SIS chipsets. If its Intel you should be fine.

Also if its USB then check in device manager for any exclamatin or question marks which would indicate a driver issue.

Hope this helps a little.

Any more questions just pm me

Cheers

r3b00+

hey kellybelly,

Just to put what may have already said into my own words.. Hope this helps..

Assuming that you are using Windoh's - Got to your printers folder (most versions Start-Settings-Printers, Winxp Start-Control Panel-Printers & Faxes)
    Right Click on the Printer Icon ( Should be Canon BJC-265sp) select properties.
    now - check which port the driver is looking for the printer on.. this shoud be under the details tab (this is OS dependent), as commented earlier, the printer port should be Lpt1 .
    -The BJC-265sp is a Parallel only printer..
    Now if the port is LPT1 the next step is to check if you can do a test print..
    If that dosen't work.. check your printer lead or the Print Cartridge (had both cause similar probs)
    If it the test print works - Go to the programm you are trying to print from-
    select your print job.. when you go to print go to File - Print
    when the print dialogue comes up check what printer the programm is trying to use.. it may be trying to print to a file..

Let us know how ya get on..

Cheers..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

as for kellybelly , i think u had good answers in this thread
    all u have to do is , try all what u had in hand from solutions, and get back to us.
    we might be able to help u more.

i work in HP, and i have certified tech. peeps to support...
    i can have them free for u

kellybelly... one other thing... if its a USB printer you are using, try looking at the power management settings for the USB hub. I believe that by default they are set to be powered down by windows (assuming you are using windows) after a period in inactivity. Clearly if you don't use your printer for a while the hub is powered down by windows and some Mo.bo's have troule starting up the hub again when you want to print - which means that youre printer don't wake up from hibernating state and hence no printing. All you have to do is make sure that the hub power management is set to be permanently on. PM me if you need any help

And as for Gore and Dr_Evil... i 'm not going to get into whose opinion I agree with, but come on guys, I really don't think Kelly Belly wanted to see this... couldn't you take it to a PM or something?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes