Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Printer is being mean to me.

uhhmmmm ... sorry for off the topic post, but.
    where did Dr.Evil posts gone ?
    it was here couple of min.s ago !!
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

It's a gas!
    I think they realised how dumb and unrespecting they were being by hijacking kellybelly's thread, then deleted them!

Originally posted here by bimmer

[kellybelly182_1 : when u send a print order, do u c the printer it self ( LED ) flashing.
    if yes, then the printer did recieve the print order, though u have a problem with the printer.

[/B]
    Hi.

When I tell the printer to print, the green light stays on the whole time and doesn't flash.

Something interesting I found out though was, when I try to print something with more than one page, the printer program thing that tells me where it's up to goes through each page as if it were printing all of them.

Also, I posted this in the newbie thread coz I'm a newbie. I thought that seemed straightforward enough.

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

P.S How do I know if it's a usb printer?

Kelly,

The Canon BJC-265sp is a Parallel printer.. the printer lead connects into the 25pin f/male connector at the back of your computer case.

Its successor the BJC-1000 was Parallel/USB

From what you have discribed it sounds like the system is printing to a file.... check my earlier post..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

It's a gas!
    Kellybelly:

It sounds to me like a communicatins issue.
    You havent told us version of windows you're using, but if its windows 95 or 98 then you can try this test as i mentioned before to tell for sure.

DOS test for windows 9x:
    Restart in DOS - Start > Shutdown > Restart in MS DOS Mode
    On the command prompt type dir>lpt1 which should send the contents of C:\Windows to your printer. If this doesnt work then its a comms issue and you could try replacing the parallel cable and testing the printer on different pc.
    If this works then its an application or windows issue.
    So try that and get back to us, it aint hard to do!

Cheers

r3b00+

Kellybelly: i have one more thing to add.

i believe your printer is a parallel one, can you check ( count ) number of pins in male side of cable , there might be a pin lost or broken.
    it should have 25-pins
    some times a missing pin gets u in truble, not a complete or correct communication is done.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?