Eliza, computer therapist
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eliza, computer therapist

Eliza, computer therapist

Ever wanted to go to a therapist? or simply want to have some fun??
    This small Java program is fairly simple, but I have found hours of entertainment with this, simply be telling it stupid things, and watching how it responds...

Eliza I an Intellegense Simulation.....Not AI....I look smart at times, but you can quickly figure out that it is fairly stupid.

It's open Source, so feel free to play with her head

http://www.manifestation.com/neurotoys/eliza.php3

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Does it have any phrases other than "I see" "Tell Me More" "Do You Have Psychological Problems" and "Are You Sure"

It keeps repeating that....

lol, Not really..it's a very simple program....Fun though, If you can come up with the right things to say
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

i used to have that proggie for my commodore 64 back in the day.
    it was kind of fun, but like the info tech geek pointed out, a little predictable.

for AI, im sure ive said this before, but ALICE is the best i've come across. she sure surprised me a couple of times.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I didn't deny the entertainment factor, but yet again I didn't check the source out yet too see if there was any hidden phrases that would be repeated if a certain work or question was typed.

Goal: Find Eliza's Easter Egg. (if any)

HAHAHAHAHAHA Eliza, that used to be the funniest program. we used to have hours of fun wit that silly program. One of my friends thought it would be funny to try to get her to "phone sex" him. It's pretty juvenile but pretty darn funny to see "her" reactions to your advances.

I didn't realize that someone had modified this to JAVA.

El Diablo

El Diablo. Try that w/ ALICE as qwerty pointed out. It really does have some great AI features, but when I asked it its favorite color it did reply "Transparent" ?????

I found this one just now....really good...It learns.
    http://www.jabberwacky.com/

lol just for fun I tried it with alice. I was able to get her to get naked with me but then she changed the subject on me and it went down hill from there. LOL

There is an AIM bot that is pretty intelligent too but I don't remember it's name off the top of my head. I'll try to dig it up for you guys to have fun with.

El Diablo

Banned
    there was AI that could guess what thing you were thinking of. like 20 questions. can't remember the site, but it was really good AI. ne1 know what i'm talking bout?

oh btw, A.L.I.C.E is best fiends with Bill Gates, go figure.