try out linux

Thread: try out linux

Banned

try out linux

While watching Tech-Tv last night I saw this interesting clip. about a linux that U don't have to install to hard drive Knopper.net it's a German site so I had to have Google translate it for me. It is bootable straight from the CDROM and U don't have to install it to a hard drive.

Yes, that is true. I use knoppix. Do you have any questions regarding it or were your just pointing it out?

For those interested - (English Link) HERE

Banned
    yes, I have a ?

can I actually download it and run it on windows XP without installing or missing up girlfriend's hard drive. She doesn't know anything about computers. Forbide her to have 2 use windows.

Knoppix runs directly off the CD and the only resource it uses on the PC is the RAM. You pop the CD into the system, restart and it boots into knoppix w/o any sort of installation. It has all the programs and drivers you could need. If you do find your self needed to save information it does give you the ability to mount a hard drive. Other than that, if you wanna give Linux a swing without any sort of configurations or installations. Knoppix will let you get your feet wet.

Banned
    8-] thanxs, will get it today.