3D Instant Messaging?

Thread: 3D Instant Messaging?

Old Fart

3D Instant Messaging?

Hoping to capitalize on the rising popularity of online virtual worlds such as EverQuest and Sims Online, a California start-up has created 3D instant messaging software complete with playful dogs, drivable cars and personalized avatars that show emotion.
    Hmmmm...sounds a lot more entertaining than AIM, MSN, ICQ and the like...

Original story posted here.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Sounds pretty cool... but its just something else to eat up all your resources.

What happeded to: If it isn't broke... don't fix it?

Just another reason for everyone to think that they NEED a new PC.

Good article though!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I look forward to the day when you can put on a VR helmet and chat online just like chatting to people in real life in a VR environment .. do you think it will ever happen? like on futurama heh
    Just because you don\'t see it doesn\'t mean it\'s not there

Dahvid: It will happen eventually. Who would have ever thought that you'd be able to put a pc on you desktop? Our technology is moving so fast, all its going to do is get faster.
    Someone has an idea, and someone(s) makes it happen.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

It sounds like something different, but I seem to remember a Chat environment conceived some time ago that was pretty much just like this. The only difference was the fact that this one will be 3D. I really wish I could remember the name of the community, but you could even use a custom avatar. There were many people using pictures of stars that they may have scanned into their machines. Some even used their real pictures. I haven't been into chat that way for some years, but for those that are interested in chat, I'm sure it will be a hit. If I remember the name of that chat community, I will post it here, but if anyone else remembers it let me/us know. It's one of those things that bothers me since I can picture it, but I can't remember the name...ugh!

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

*drools*... imagine the pr0n...*drools*
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

this is the end for my 166
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Old Fart
    heh....it's the end of my old diamond stealth too....time for an nvidia or a radeon since that was the only area where my machine was not up to par!

Kudos to the there.com beta test team...I got a response to my app in under 2 hours!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Don't feel bad lench...I just switched from an HP Pavillion 166MMX (the first model of MMX for HP - very nice at the time might I add!) to a Dell Dimension 1.7. I was holding on for a really long time. It would be easier for me to walk to your house to chat then to try a 3D chat on that thing. :P
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile