Antionline Advertising

Thread: Antionline Advertising

Lightbulb Antionline Advertising

This question is for JP or anyone that knows him and his site.

Why doesn't he use ad's? How does he keep AntiOnline up and running? Out of his own pocket? Donations?

I could see him not wanting to put pop up ad's because he probably knows how FREAKIN annoying they are, but why not put a banner ad on the front page and on the top of every topic? JP could really rake in a lot if say Linksys ran some ad's here.

Now I know that JP probably isn't in to making money on this site, that's why he hasn't put advertisments on here. But think what he could do with the money he makes...he could fix all those problems certian people were complaining about. Also, to keep in the spirit of computer security, they could all be ad's for computer security related products!

I just think that even if he put one banner ad on the front page, he could make some money to improve the site, or just give JP extra pocket change. I'm sure we could visit the ad every once in a while. I think he deserves it for all the stuff he's done on this site for us...FOR FREE I MIGHT ADD!

There used to be ads on the font page, but I don't know what happened to them.
    I know that after you get a certain member "status" then you get banner free surfing, but I don't ever remember seeing too many to start with.

As for funding, he probably does consulting. I'm not really sure though. The seniors here would know much better than I.

I agree. If there was a donations, i'm sure people would give some. I know I would.
    I love helping people who help me.

He has helped me so much without even knowing it. (Well this site has, so in theory, he has)
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

er0k
    JP doesnt just do the website, he has his own consulting firm (i believe he does anyway) works for various erm.. organizations, and does lectures and all kinds of stuff. the website isnt his total income... he has a research team as well which im sure brings in a lot of cash

er0k: Its a shame we don't hear more about his research and such. It would be very cool to read that kind of material. I hear about him sometimes on the web, but they don't say much about him.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I hear about him sometimes on the web, but they don't say much about him.
    And all that they say , i dont like it.

eDIT : wires crossed buddy drew.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Banned
    hey guys this is a lil off topic but i remember reading something about this website not being around for too much longer. is this tru or did i get my wires crossed?

it seems to me that the status of AntiOnline concerns alot of members.
    many threads were started in the last couple days about JP and AO.

i agree with these posts, and it makes me even feel more happy to see lots of members care for this site.

we don't know if the site been sold or not.
    i would like to add more ads. and any way of income for the site.

i say: open a donationand put some ads. in each thread . no pop ads.

CISCO could be advertising here or 3COM or HP.

all it needs: some quality posts from us and a bit marketing from JP.
    i would hate seeing that site go away from screen i just cant think of the idea, it makes me feel sick.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

I think that you got rid of ads after 600 antipoints, but they seem to have disappeared altogether now (which is a good thing from my point of view).

JP probably made money out of the site because it works as a huge advertisement for him (and any consultancy, website design work etc.) and so probably pays back in that way. All the company websites that I have designed/worked on do not sell anything or carry any advertising, but when a £1000+ order comes through as a result of someone seeing the site, then it pays for itself.

All sites need some form of revenue stream, but it doesn't necessary have to be the site itself (if you see what I mean).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.