SUV-terrorism connection?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUV-terrorism connection?

The Iceman Cometh

Unhappy SUV-terrorism connection?

Welcome to Americans for Fuel Efficient Cars. The idea for this project came to me while watching -- for the umpteenth time -- one of those outrageous drug war ads the Bush administration has flooded the airwaves with. You know, the ones that try and link using drugs to financing terrorism. Instead of shaking my head in disgust and reaching for the Mute button like I usually do when I see these ads, I decided to channel my indignation. Why not turn the tables and adopt the same tactics the administration was using in the drug war to point out the much more credible link between driving SUVs and our national security? Thus began our campaign to create a series of TV ads designed to win the hearts and minds -- and change the driving habits -- of American consumers by asking them to connect the dots and think about the effect energy wastefulness is having not just on the environment, but on our foreign policy.
    This was taken from the home page of The Detroit Project who has been placing ads on TV that SUV owners are supporting terrorists.

I personally own two SUVs and I think this is outrageous. What do you all think about this? I've seen the ad, and it's similar to the one regarding drugs and terrorism (This is <someone> who bought the <something> which funded <someone> etc...) If you haven't seen them, check them out on the page I listed above and let me know what you think.

AJ

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Yeah, I have seen those commericals and they are quite humorous to me (imo).
    If they really want to sit there and say, purchasing gas for SUV's supports terrorism, well then maybe we should ban gas altogether? better yet, let's ban automobiles, in fact while we're at it, let's ban capitalism (after all, wasn't it free enterprise that funded Osama Bin Laden's businesses and provided the cash to pull off 9/11?)
    It justs irritates me that people are so tunnel visioned these days. These commercials are very one-sided and misleading to consumers.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

I also own a 4x4 suv and if anyone saw the amount of snow we normally get they would not question why I have one. As for being hard on gas maybe the bigger suvs are but my little one gets great gas milage. The bigger cars use more gas per mile and cost alot more to insure. To say that because we drive suvs we support Bin Ladden or any of these creeps is wrong.
    On the same token what about diamonds they had on the news that diamonds were being bought and sold for Bin Ladden to raise money for more attacks, so anyone who bought diamonds for their wifes or girlfriends or mothers are supporting terrorists. This is sad because my kids gave me diamond earrings for christmas and I really like them, they maybe small but they look nice.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

If we push this parallel further we can assimilate the trading on stocks exchange to be financing terrorism since the terrorist speculated on the dollar during 9-11 let all stop trading at once !!!! lol
    assembly.... digital dna ?

This is another case of the special interest groups using scare tactics to control us. No one pays attention to the known fact that the majority of our oil comes from S. America. Instead, we are lying in order to rectify a situation that we created. Osama bin Laden did not make his money from oil; he made his money from investing and building. Then, during the war in Afghanistan, the U.S. government armed and trained the same men that committed these atrocities to fight against what used to be the Soviet Union. These commercials, just like the anti-marijuana ads, are scare tactics meant to prey on the weak minded. Once again, a group is making an unproven claim that has nothing to do with the original problem. What needs to be addressed is the anti-American sentiment that many other countries deal with due to our political shortsightedness.

Does anyone know who created and funded the anti-SUV commercials?

Does anyone know who created and funded the anti-SUV commercials?
    It was posted by adven already.

This was taken from the home page of The Detroit Project who has been placing ads on TV that SUV owners are supporting terrorists.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

i guess the compact car manufacturers figure if its good enough for our president to use to get what he wants its good enough for them too
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

This morning another "gooder" was spouting this same tripe on the radio. This type of propaganda has to be aimed at those who cannot think for themselves. It was not too long ago there was an article about her jetting around the country in her private jet-fuel guzzler, and now she's claiming we should all sell our go-mobiles and trade them in for the hybrids, or better yet, the rest of us should just stick with bicycles so her and her Hollywood buddies could look down and see how obedient all the little sheeple are... I gotta quit, this subject is irritating me, since it's just the latest in a long line of brainless-BS coming from the talking heads that believe we can't think for ourselves. From what i've read above, the perpetrators and Spin-Meisters on several special-agenda fronts have misjudjed at least some of the AO'ers. Three cheers for the ability of AO'ers to view political rubbish with the light of logic.
    "And that's a fack, Jack"
    ("Fack" rhymes smoothly with "Jack"; where "Fact", pronounced properly, does not flow smoothly in that particular slang experession, OK?... )

Well, this is another crap warning. I mean just take a look at some likely to be accurate statistics. Americans who buy SUVs to support terrorism:

0: 285,343,223

I'm not saying SUVs are fuel efficiant; they do have a point when they say they consume tons of gas. But, I'd rather drive something safe and reliable (meaning if a teenager doing 135 in a tuned up Civic slams into me, HE'LL get crushed and not me) then driving a hybrid with a topspeed of what you do in an SUV pulling out of your driveway. But that's just me

Regards,
    Silentstalker

PS
    And if SUV owners are supporting terrorists, what is Bush doing? His Limo probably consumes as much gas.
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

[imo] bush and his oil mongers of a texan family are more bent on terrorist actions than any current members of the 'terrorist groups'. i think if anything were to be called 'terrorism' it should be all the mindfsckin they do on tv, radios, billboards, and every kind of shirt/sweats/and button u can think of. if u think about it, how can buying some pot be considered funding terrorism? buying a pack of cigarettes is more likely to fall into that catagory. and, that not being enough, they go and blame it on suv owners... (we will get this out of the way now, i dont use a car, or truck, or anything else motorized, i mean, if u got feet, maybe they are there for a reason?) but i dont think that having a certain vehicle should put u in such a catagory.... i bet when big baby bush iz mobbin in hiz air force one he iz wasting fuel, and polluting the air more than 20 suv's.. i guess all i am saying is this: if we are going to let ourselves stoop as low as to stare at a t.v., in most cases all day long, ran by profetteering biggots, what else can we can we expect but to get flooded by this proppiganda? becuase of this, i have made my choice, many years ago, to stop watching and paying attention to t.v., and i guess i hope some of u will do the same.. i mean, come on people... let's cut this plaque from our brains and our daily existance, maybe even just untill it chooses to give us knowledge... not that t.v. could ever be as usefull and information filled as the net, but hey, i guess we all have our own screens we stare at...
    and i guess not everyone is on my side, but when it comes to whats new, or cool...

just say NO to the 'mainstream',

thanx for listening,

h4x0r3d