Thread: Thank you and HEADS UP!

Old Fart

Thank you and HEADS UP!

I'm sending out a thank you to one of our newer members. I won't name this person because I don't want to see them get hammered over what they did by the perpatrator of this scheme. I already thanked them via pm for making me aware of what was happening and am posting this for the benefit of the rest of the community. It seems that someone has been throwing negs around and signing my name to them....not a nice thing to do at all. So to all who read this post, don't believe everything you read in the comments section. This type of thing (signing someone elses name to negs) has happened before and most likely will happen again....AP abuse runs rampant at times here. Bear in mind that if someone from a top ten list negs you, it will take you WAY down...if you lose less than 15 points and it's signed by a "top tenner", odds are that you've been duped by someone trying to carry out some sort of cheap, vain, SICK vendetta.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Very good point. That happened to me several times in the past, and I eventually figured it out by checking the AP level of the impersonated member. It turned out that it had to have been some nameless loser. Take care.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Al: thanks for the notice.
    but i think if you know the newbie whov'e been neged by ur name, can't you PM JP and maybe he can track the assigned points by whom it been done ??
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

I too have experienced this, i guess somebodu really wanted me gone, so they started negging people signing my handle. Somebody was smart enough to realize that it wsn't me. He looked at my Ap level and how much was reduced from his antipoint center, and they he informed me about this. It was reported to Jp, and it never happened again. Soon or later, this sick person that is taking ap abuse to the extremem level, will be bannned, like everybody else who abuses the Ap system. -ebo

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by bimmer
    Al: thanks for the notice.
    but i think if you know the newbie whov'e been neged by ur name, can't you PM JP and maybe he can track the assigned points by whom it been done ??
    To the best of my knowledge, JP was contacted by the person who contacted me.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

then it should be solved in no time, and the jackass will be banned.
    i used to get things like that long time ago, and it got me in to troubles with some members lol
    but things went over just fine, i think he got bored from neging me, and searched for another member !!
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Okay guys, please do not think that i am whining because i don't care about this ap or anyother ap assignment that i have received. I just wanted to clarify something for the guy who left me this message in a neg ap asignment.
    Lesson learned: Never sign your antipoints whether youre assigning a + or -
    . You misunderstood what i was saying, as in aleenb's situation somebody was faking my handle everytime they negged somebody. I never said that i signed my ne assigments, i do not sign them, neither do anybody else here maybe with the exception of Negative, and many other high members, because they can do that.. So, i hope you are clear on what i was saying before, if somebody is faking your handle, just report it to JP, and i guarante you who ever it is won't be around for long. -Ebo

Senior since the 3 dot era

remarks

Ebo, in the past there was an idea not to sign points. Wether they are negative or positive. I don't know if many people follow this direction. It certaintly has some advantages for the overall balance of the aps system.

You could also wonder why people do this? Personal vendetta's like Allenb said?
    And yes this abuse happened before. I think one of the first big cases was when someone signed with Ennis name.