Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How 2 be a hacker

Lightbulb How 2 be a hacker

Hello guys and gals,

This paper is written to guide those who ask the question often "Teach me to Hack".
    If you're reading this hoping to learn how to deface web sites, run DoS attacks or do anything illegal then you're reading the wrong paper. Hackers don't do those things but they learn and help the Internet community anyway they can. In order to hack you must understand the the basic concepts behind what your doing. I would suggest reading a good book on TCP/IP my favorite is (TCP/IP Bible) but TCP/IP Jumpstart is a good book also. Then move on to Networking the book "Passport to Network+ Exam" is a cheap and rather good starting point for newbies. The Last book to read "Maximum Security" it will teach you techinques that hackers use and securing your system. Oh I forgot one more book "Beginners Guide to Newtork Administration". These books will give you and understanding of basic concepts. TCP/IP is what your using now if reading this post it stands for "Transfer Control Procotol/ Internet Protocol good to understand it's princples. Don't just read these books but get a understanding of what it's talking about. Next get you some tools like a hex editor and look at different files an your comupter through the hex editor. Learn your Operating System in and out and out and in Qewl! Your on your way. Pick up a programming language you will need it good languages for beginners are perl but I prefer python is easy to eventually you will need to learn C most OS's are write in C ,learn html and cgi. oh yea! After doing that and being around the community for a while you'll know what to do next ? Hope these paper was fun as it was for me to write. hehe!!

Hacker'sBuildThings.

Actually, TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol. I understand that your intent was possibly good, but please don't post the wrong information.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

i believe in the dictionary, transmission and Transfer have a simliar meaning and in some cases does mean the same thing
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

i agree with both of you, i have learned it with transmission but i have seen it other places with transfer.
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

Banned
    You've listed some good books and things. Another good thing is to play with your PC after reading about it.

I always like to say learn an OS inside and out aswell this is a great foundation for moving on to bigger and better things. you might wanna put that in its entirely up to you phaza7. (eg. in windows learn about the registry and system files etc.)
    Just because you don\'t see it doesn\'t mean it\'s not there

Kwiep

Re: How 2 be a hacker

Originally posted here by phaza7
    Pick up a programming language you will need it good languages for beginners are perl but I prefer python is easy to eventually you will need to learn C most OS's are write in C ,learn html and cgi.
    Hey

Well few of my comments:
    - perl isn't easy, especially now if you want to code "secure" and you will have to to be a hacker if you even want to find an exploit or if your an admin.
    - unix and linux have c based shells, but that doesn't mean it's writen in C itself (altough it is true mostly), many "other" os's are written in other languages like assembler or other "old" languages.
    - learn cgi ? what do you mean with that ? cgi isn't a programming language. It's a collection of scripting languages to make websites more interactive. The most popular one of those is perl, but it isn't the only one.
    - you could learn PHP to... it a bit "newer", so you'll find more sites nowadays wich run php then for instance perl

Bye
    Double Dutch

ive just noticed that earlier today this post was very negative. and now its turned completely around. just goes to show what a variety of personas there are on AO

TN123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

I'm not whining, but I didn't mean anything by its Transmission control protocol/internet protocol, and defenately not to get a response saying "Stop trying to be smart because we both know you're not". The way I learned it, it was Transmission, and I thought that was correct, and I was just making sure that newbies that came accross this thread got the correct information. No offense meant by it.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

I have seen it called Transmisson and Transfer, but while writing this transfer hit my mind that's all. No there isn't a hacker in the box hehe!:-C U should know where to go Whenever U suggest a language to a newbie everyone has their opinion, I just heard perl was easy I never coded in it. only making a suggest. http://www.winguides.com
    there U can downloads info a your registry.
    thanks for all positive food.