Webpage, Picture and linking help

Thread: Webpage, Picture and linking help

Exclamation Webpage, Picture and linking help

hey, firstly let me say i am useing Frontpage. dont scream and shout because i know it is a crappy program but its not for me its for something else.

ok, now my question, i have inserted a picture into the page. i then linked it to go to another webpage that i didnt build. For Example, when you click on the picture it goes to google or antionline

but, the problem is that when i click on this picture, it opens it up in its main page(i am useing frames) and i want it to open another window and load the page from there.

how do i fix this problem

TN123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    A link is made like this.. Click Here!

The target parameter will tell how the page to load, you have some options here.

• _blank - This target will cause the link to always be loaded in a new blank window. This window is not named.
    • _self - This target causes the link to always load in the same window the anchor was clicked in.
    • _parent - This target makes the link load in the immediate FRAMESET parent of this document. This defaults to acting like _self if the document has no parent.
    • _top - This target makes the link load in the full body of the window. This defaults to acting like _self if the document is already at the top. It is useful for breaking out of an arbitrarily deep FRAME nesting.

Hope that helps. If you need more info look up the Ancor Tag.

thanks, and one more thing, how can i title the bar on a window. like, when you load AO in IE, its says "Antionline -Webapge, Picture and linking help - M$ IE
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    That is the <title></title> tag. This tag has to be placed in the <head></head> tags. Put <head><title>This is my windows name</title></head>. Your html should already have the <head> tags in it, so just place the title tag in there.

This will make the title bar say:

This is my windows name - Microsoft Internet Explorer (in IE).

You can modify the HTML in the HTML view page. Its a <title></title> code. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Trust_Not_123,

xmaddness is so right , but just be careful because if you put the </head> following next to the </title> you will close your "head". Usually, the "head" is closed in other parts of the html code and not in the title. Remember that all you want to be inside the "head" code MUST be written inside it.

xmaddness gave you the perfect steps though.

Bye.

Thanks guys, i found it.

and yes i will be moving on to html or someother web page creator. cause this one IS crappy.

good for newbies though
    ----Homer J Simpson----