Security Certified Programs

Thread: Security Certified Programs

Security Certified Programs

Ok not going to be my first time going back to school here. But a CC close to me is offering a program actually about 3 different Ceretified programs the first for this state. This question is aimed really to those that have actually administered and do administer real networks. Not like I don't have enough paper on the walls already but the dot com melt down has hit this area hard. So in general it is assumed you have at least an MCSE, CNE, Unix, Win, and Linux background or lots of on the job work skills. Topics include advanced TCP/IP, Security Implementation, Router Security, Attack Methods. Next set is Risk Analyst, Firewalls, Intrusion Dection Systems, Security Policies, and VPN. Heavy on Firewalls and Detection Systems. Next is PKI and Biometrics, and the last Implementing them. Now this al looks fine and well and if one has been around networks security has just in the past couple years really begun to be considered first and not last. First I'd like others that work in IT thoughts on the course outline. Next would you just take the courses and they are costly, or would you sit in through the first quarter to get a feel of if you are getting what you pay for? Or is the paper worth it no matter the cost or content? After all an MCSE is really just a start in networks and IT dealing with security issues many of them maybe I've already delt with in the past. Thoughts on it appericated if not here in PM.

How about you JP like you have nothing to do if you were to teach a Ceretified program what would your course outline be? Kidding JP your hands are sort of full.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Hey Palemoon. Check out this link about the SCP . I am not sure it's the same program you are talking about, but I started it, and I even took the first exam. Sorry if I am off, but I wasn't sure.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

What Cert is it? It looks like it might be CISSP. I have been looking at that and it appears to be good but I am still researching it. Security certification is getting more important in the industry and a lot of people ( including me ) are starting to specialize in it.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Ok will check out the links Thanks oh the certs are SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional) SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect).

Yes I know after a few years of point and click MCSE newbies and consulting services question is will one pay to solve one problem knowing there will be another visit or solve the problem and one knowing the client will not have to call again. Nothing against MSCE or consultants but I have had to clean up a few of really big messes they left behind. So it is fix a sympton or give a cure time. LOL so far fixing the symptons have taken a huge toll on business.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg