Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: firewall problem

The SMC Barricade 7004VBR which is what I have works swimmingly with both windump and
    ethereal in Windows, and tcpdump and snort on my Linux partition. This is both for my boxes and laptop.
    Don't know what is gonna happen when I install my Cisco router though.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Don: It's pretty simple to determine what will happen - your bank account will become lighter by a fairly substantial chunk......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Actually it is not going to cost me a dime. I am signing it out from work for an extended loan.
    It is a pretty sweet deal n'est ce pas? It will help me reinforce my ICND course next week that
    I am taking at Global Knowledge. Iwill probably get a KVM switch as well from them :-)

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Hmmmmm..... When I was in the military "I am signing it out from work for an extended loan" used to mean you were stealing it......

Sounds like a good deal..... Good luck with your course.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Actually the BEFSR41 will not allow a sniffer to work properly since it is a switch in itself. However if you pop a cheap hub on a single cable between all your PC's and the router it will broadcast all the traffic to you.

I don't know about other Cable/DSL routers but I suspect they would be the same.

Yea, but couldn't you use Ettercap to sniff the switched network?
    - Maverick