Thread: Problem with Internet Explorer.

Question Problem with Internet Explorer.

On my mom's computer, I have been having problems with Internet Explorer. It's like this, I am surfing the web right. If, for some reason, I have more than one Explorer window open for like more than 5 seconds, at least one of them, (usually the first window I had open) stops responding. Now, of course, I alt-clt-delete, and end the task, and it closes all explorer windows I have open. Now, I have no clue how this happened, and it started happening a while back. It gets really annoying, and I was wondering if anyone has had some similar problems, and does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? ( By the way, sorry for the earlier post about phreaking boxes.Didn't know it would offend so many people....)

I forgot to include, I am running Windows XP home edition.

You might want to just un-install the current version and re-install the same one again, or just upgrade a better version. There can be no specific reason for this, you might just have offended Bill Gates
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

LOL....I wouldn't doubt it...
    Everyone dies, but fortunatly for me, today is your day, not mine. :P

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    This is a listing of issues related to IE
    You should refine you search to Windows XP (where it says 'select a Microsoft product' scroll down and highlight Windows XP) This will give you IE issues related with XP.
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/...fxSearch_Query

Windows XP info
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...h;EN-US;kbinfo
    It's a simple entry screen for searching Microsoft's Windows XP database.

This is just a start of where to look. I also hope this isn't some attempt at being lazy and shoving off your problems to other users, so they do the research and make your life a **** load easier. I tend to try all avenues before I ask technical questions in here...key word being 'try'.
    You may have started off on the wrong foot with that other post about red box, and I for one didn't neg you there, nor here. I guess all I'm saying is (bite tongue)....do the research, then ask.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Old Fart
    You can solve your problem with one simple word.....MOZILLA. It uses less resources than IE, allows you to turn off pop ups, and utilizes tabbed browsing. Try it for a week and you'll never want to see a blue "e" again in your life.

www.mozilla.org
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

thx allenb 1963 for mozilla been looking for it, but unknown soli3r try netscape if U still having problems

er0k
    With ie you never know what to expect, a seg fault, memory dump, or any other bsod occurence..... A not -responding window is nothing. It could be a registry problem, however mostly unlikely. Kernel could be the case, but also possibly, like invader inferred, just a bad install. Like he said fully uninstall it, install ie6 and get the new service packs. If you have more problems after that, i recommend a reinstall of windows...