Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on OS you guys learned first.

Exclamation Poll on OS you guys learned first.

Which OS did you guys learn the ins and outs of first? Myself, I want to learn everything there is to know about Windows XP. Now, htere are probally some of you like," Err....you newbie, why don't you grow up and learn *nix, you freaking lamer." Well, you are intitled to your opinion. But, I think, that, learning ANY OS completly is a good idea. But, what was the first OS you guys learned? *nix? Windows? Mac? Please tell!

I think the first OS i started learning was Windows 95, then Windows 98, i can get around in 2,000 XP DOs and most Linux UNIX systems though to, just not as good as 95 and 98, oh oh and i can use ME to and BeOS, no mac skills really though.

Post more....

Great. Anyone else want to share their OS experience?
    Everyone dies, but fortunatly for me, today is your day, not mine. :P

Windows 3.11 it was one of the first windows.

Dos 6.22 was the first OS I leaned to use. I can still remember editing the autoexec.bat file trying to get doom to work.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

That was the only OS when i started : DOS

and i tweaked and worked on it, for lke 2-3 years, before windows 3.11 came.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

All of the computer I have have been given to me and as a result they have been far behind in speed and performance. I learned DOS 5 on an old Compaq 286 that was pulled out of a dumpster near my dads appartment. It wasn't much but it was mine and I was happy. The comp. I am using now was given to me by a friend and currently has 98 and RedHat 5.2 on it.I stll like DOS and use it quite a bit at home.
    \"I am trying to beat it but it is a losing fight.\" - My dad said this the day before he died. I will make him proud.

"That was the only OS when i started : DOS "

There were ALOT of OSs before DOS man.

It was india, nobody knew much about computers here, the only OS that anybody knew was DOS, my facts might be wrong, but just letting ya know what was the situation aroun' here.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

ohhh, sorry man, i thought you meant like in general, lol, sorry bout that, that ones my mistake