Thread: American and Canadian Friendship

Question American and Canadian Friendship

With the outbreak of wars against terrorism and the neglect of the canadians as myself to hop on the "bandwagon" blindly...it is felt through out the canadian population that our southerly neighbors and us are maybee not as close as we were before.
    We have survived the free trade agreement....And the new tariffs on the softwood lumber which financially is hurting our fine canadian economy just as much as the war on terrorism is.
    With these three attacks on our financial stabilitiy is it any wonder why there is an element of friction now when it is asked of us to follow blindly into war?
    We are a peace loving country...with probably a little more freedoms than most whose only crime is to not allow ourselves to be bullied into joining into something in which we feel will only hurt our economy more.
    This thread is not meant to anger anyone...just one peace loving canadians feelings

He||sFurY

I have many friends in the US. George Bush just isn't one of them. People shouldn't judge a nation by the people in charge.
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Fury, I have some of my own input on this as well. Also, my opinion is loosely based on current events and a majority of personal feelings. This is just my opinion.
    I think the US, in particular, the citizens, see Canada as the little brother. We've become so accustomed to Canada just 'being' there to support the US. In ways, I think we take Canada for granted because its military history is not as indicative(on a superficial level) of a super power as the US's is.
    This however doesn't justify 'how' we came into power, 'how' we use our power, nor does it justify any claim that Canada is not a strong nation. I for one have met many Canadians and they are a great people. I think Canada's presence in the global theatre is greatly under rated, and I for one, would like to see relations between the US and Canada remain a strong one.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Bush Is Not a Good Person!

First Off U can Judge a Nation by its Leaders! We Elect the Leader!
    Second Off I personally not like Bush he not doing a good job!
    OverBurn
    Jonathan

Guys,

Im not American nor Canadian so sorry for posting here. I just want to say that American and Canadians (generally like in every country, mine included) are both excelent persons. I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of Americans and and a lot of Canadians boys and girls where and me and my Uruguayan mates became very good friends while playing american football in Florida, USA in 2001. Besides, USA and Canada reached the final game and they respected each other when the match ended like real gentlemen. Besides, they went out later to have some beers together. They're great guys. I have invitations to go to USA again and to visit Canada for the first time. I will surely do it, no doubt about it. Obviously every country has its own "bad" persons but you can't judge a whole nation for just a few bad mannered ones.

Bye.

OverBurn, George W Bush wasn't elected by the people, his presidential gift was selected by a handful of supreme court judges.
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)