My Task Manager Keeps Going Away,Plzz Help

Thread: My Task Manager Keeps Going Away,Plzz Help

Question My Task Manager Keeps Going Away,Plzz Help

Hey people, I have this big old problem with my tast manager. Everytime i press CTRL ALT DEL, the taskmanager comes up and then goes away. It won't stay so i can use it for what i want to use it for. Please help me if you know how i can fix this, I am running a windows XP box. Thanks for any help, i would really appreciate it. -Ebo

ebo,

Mmm... it's really difficult to say, it could be because of many different things.
    I'd recommend to run a program like Norton Systemworks (a complete scan) to look for problems or conflicts in your system.
    You can try updating your XP and installing the Service Pack 1 too.

Good luck!!!

Bye.

DKRR

Sorry raider,
    All symantec prduct are famous but they will take much resources, causin maybe another problem if ur configuration is not really performant.
    my advice is the simpliest i can give away:
    some problem come from the kernel and as in windows u don't have the kernel(only some program can access it to change some settings),i would recemmand you ebo to make a copy of the files you need on a CD-ROM or floppies if not so big and format all your system....
    i remember when once my PC couldn't connect anymore to the net, the connect box appears and nothing cuz it disconnects immidiately after dialing...
    it can be a similar case to your Ebo...
    PS: u may, if u have two partitions, copy the files u need into them and reinstall windows XP on the C: and then get ur files to their places..also don't use the recovery CD cuz it will format everything and link the partitions to get only one and call it C:...
    that's all i can say boys&girls...any other suggestion will improve the library of cases tha met lol have fun and fanx for reading my small reply
    Toka Koka: To receive a reward, an equivalent sacrifice has to be made!

neozoon,

Well we have just different opinions, i have used Symantec products since many years ago and never had problems with them. It's TRUE they consume many resources but they will bother users with slow machines (i don't know ebo's box features).
    Besides, would you format and erase the whole system everytime you had these kind of problems or conflicts without trying to fix them first?, that's not a good way to learn about your OS. Moreover, what if (like me for example) you have your OS and hard disk full of programs as PhotoShop, ImageComposer, CorelDraw, Premiere, Flash, Office XP, Systemworks, FTPs programs, video players and picture viewers, MSN, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, ICQ, Easy CD Creator, Winamp, etc., etc., etc., plus all my documents and many more things and drivers??? Will you erase all of this stuff instantly without trying to fix the problems first? Then, we don't agree here... but i respect your opinion.

Bye.

Kwiep
    You could try booting up in Safe-Mode. Press ctrl+alt+del so the Task Manager pops up. Clicked on options and then unckeck "mimimize when in use"... I hope you ment that...
    Double Dutch

I don't like being one who always see's vrii under the bed.. but there are a couple of virii including YAHA that can cause the task manager to either not function or appear breifly...
    Is your Av running.. ie can you bring up the AV Control panel? etc..

see what you come up with

cheeers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

unfortunately people i had to format, and i lost everything, but i got it working now. Thanks yo everybody who gave me some good advice, i really appreciate it.