inspiration from the "what OS was your first poll"

Thread: inspiration from the "what OS was your first poll"

inspiration from the "what OS was your first poll"

hey guys, the reason for this thread is because i thought the post on what was your first OS thing was cool, so i decided to start a cheap imitation copy lol about what was you first comp. mine was a 386 with 4 megs of ram and windows 3.11 what was yours? this should be interesting! did anybody ever see or work with the enaic?

Eniac, I would like to meet that person. . .Mine was an Apple IIe
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

thats cool. anybodyelse?
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

I learned on an IBM PC no joke at all my dad had it before i was even born and used it up until 6 years ago. He told me back then a 30 mb hardrive was $1,500 dollars. It had DOS 2.0 and had one 5 1/4 floppy drive. I'm sixteen now and I remember as a little kid learning how to use it. The keyboard weighed like 20 pounds and the case itself was a monster too.
    \"I am trying to beat it but it is a losing fight.\" - My dad said this the day before he died. I will make him proud.

486 33 SX with 4mb of ram and a 250 meg harddrive.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

My exposure was to an Ataria 800 used for games. My first true PC (owned by me) was a 386 16mHz w/a 40MB HD and windows 3.0 (you never want to use w3.0 it was painful)

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke