Thread: Google Yourself

Lightbulb Google Yourself

Hello everybody,

An ex-member had posted a google tutorial which i find deleted, of which the reason i am not aware of. I wanted it listed in the Negative's list of tutorials because i found it very good.
    I know some members might remember it : but here is it : it was titled Google Yourself.
    I do not remember the member name.

Visitors to other pages, say that they have searched Google, but were unable to find what they were looking for. This could be for a countless number of reasons. Perhaps there were like 999,999 things found, and no one has time to go through every single page to find what they are looking for; or, perhaps they just don't understand how to use Google. You could just go to Google, type in something, and go through a billion pages to find something; or you could narrow your search down to just a few pages, and find something a lot faster.

A lot of people don't know that even things like Google can be a big help while hacking. They have many things that have helped me find exploits in the past. I'm going to discuss, briefly, a few things that will help you use Google, and help you be a little bit more elite at this stuff they call hacking

First off, don't use this to do any harm, just read it for knowledge, and to help you on your endeavour as a hacker.

yahoo * com
    This will search for any file that has "yahoo" coming before "com". Useful if you can't remember the name of something, but you remember like 3 words from it. Searching: Massachusetts * Of Technology .. will come up with Massachusetts Institute of Technology..oh that was it!! Institute! ... Well, personally, I never use this, I don't need it, but they say it works.

Okay, that's probably the only one I don't use. The rest of the things I'll tell you, I do use. Here is one that might not help you with hacking really, but it might. Type in the following: link:yourname.yourserver.com
    What happens? It comes up with a list of pages that are linking to your site! hehe..cool huh? ... I guess. Hasn't helped me with hacking, but I like using it.

The next two are two that I use often, and sometimes together when I'm trying to hack LoL.

stuff site:yahoo.com
    Searches yahoo.com for what you enter for "stuff". This helps find many things. Like, if there is a site that has a BUNCH of documents, and you are looking for one you remember reading by some guy named webmaster@yahoo.com , you could search for his email address on yahoo.com, and see what comes up.

Before I mention the next one, I'm going to throw in a extra tip. If you search google for webmaster@yahoo.com, it will give you ALL documents that have webmaster, yahoo and com in them somewhere. Now, does this help you if you are searching for files with this guy's email address. No, it won't help, but you can put "webmaster@yahoo.com" and it'll search for ONLY what's in the quotes...Helps a lot when narrowing down searches. Also, if you are wanting to search for a document that has multiple things, like the email address webmaster@yahoo.com, and the text LOD, you could put "webmaster@yahoo.com" + "LOD". Also, if you wanted one or the other, you could put "webmaster@yahoo.com" OR "LOD" ... you have to capitalize OR for it to work.

Okay, I'll go on to the last one, I use this one the most.

search term filetype:txt
    Change txt to any number of filetypes (not all work), and search for documents that are in that extention! You have to enter a search term also. Want to find a text file written by revelation? Search google for "web@yahoo" filetype:txt
    That will show you a few things..Neat huh?

Now, that isn't it. You can use them together! Lets say you want to get a list of text files on antionline.com, you could do the following, without any search terms, and it will work!
    site:yahoo.com filetype:txt
    Yes, it'll come up with a list of txt files on yahoo.com.

Here is a way this helps you. Think about it like this, some sites have administration utilities in perl files. Lets say you know that yahoo.com updates it's site by going to sitemanager.pl, you could find that file with the following:
    sitemanager site:yahoo.com filetypel
    It'll come up! But, yahoo.com doesn't use that obviously, so don't try. You could take away the search term, and see if yahoo.com has any perl files though, interesting.

Oh yeah, before I forget, you can search google for things like "Index of /admin" and stuff will come up. There are many other things you could search for, but index fo /admin in quotes can help you a lot, especially in conjunction with other things I've told you.

Okay, back to the other stuff. Lets show you something a little new, that you might not know about. Search for this:
    hacking site:www.canberra.edu.au filetype:txt

What comes up? A bunch of text files, and if I am correct (hope I am), none of them work! They have all been deleted. What can you do? Nothing? ...There, you are wrong. Look at the first one on the page, for an example. Here is what it says:
    http://www.canberra.edu.au/~scott/C=...-hacking16.txt
    COMMODORE HACKING E-ZINE: ISSUE #16 ...
    101k - Cached - Similar pages

See that "Cached" thing beside the size and similar pages link? It's not always there, but it is most of the time. And that thing helps A LOT, espcially with text files. Click the Cached, the site COMES BACK TO LIFE! You can view a text file that has been deleted, thanks to google. That helps a lot when you find old txt files that have been deleted. Can use it on any extentions too.

Okay, let me give you a small example on how to hack here..

Let's say you are mean and want to hack reef.org lol... Type this
    passwd site:reef.org filetype:txt

That tells Google to search for the term "passwd" on "reef.org" in the filetype "txt" ... And, to your amazement (right?), it comes up with only one file. Click on that file. What is this? there admin username and password. Now, the password is encrypted, and decrypting isn't apart of this, but you can use something like Jack the Ripper to figure out the password. Now, once you do that, you can mess with them on the WWW Board! How interesting...hmmm DON'T do it..just know that you can, the fact should be just as good as actually doing it--it is for me.

In closing, if you are searching for an html file, but a bunch of txt files keep coming up, you can use subtraction signs to keep stuff from coming. like this
    text on hacking -filetype:txt
    Do that and it'll search for text on hacking without giving you any txt files. You can put - in front of a lot of stuff to keep it from showing those items.

Okay, thanks for taking the time to read this. If you are a newbie, this should help you get a little better. If you are advanced, don't make fun of me, I don't write text files for a living lol...Thanks

Report any errors to me. Thanks.
    -inv
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

well, i believe that google is a gr8 tool everybody must get a use out of it.
    so, i'll let google present it's own tutorial

http://www.google.com/help/index.html
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

I don't suppose people must have missed that page.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"