Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: regarding upgrading my pc

regarding upgrading my pc

my present configuration is AMD1400M Hz+GIGA BYTE-7DXR+784 M BYTE DDR(266 MHz)+MAXTOR(40GB+40GB).
    I am ordering
    P4 2.4 GHz(533 MHz FSB)+SOYOP4X400 DRAGON ULTRA PLATINUM EDITION+1GB DDR(400 MHz)
    Is this the right choice.....any better alternatives.......looking forward to your opinions ASAP.....and any good shopping sites on line to order it from.....

That's a good choice, although i'd go to Athlon XP 200x, MSI k7 T Turbo 2 (or more), 512 Mb, 80 GB, GeForce4 FX, Windwos XP and Linux Mandrake 9.0

If you want to buy it part by part then Amazon.com is a good option... maybe the best site to securely shop online. I have bought many things there, computer related and other stuff too, and never had problems with my credit card or shipping there.

Good luck!!!

Bye.

i donot want to use athlon.....i prefer to go for P4 ....so give me better options based on P4....thx

OK,

Then you can go here

Choose your speed there.

Good luck!!!

Bye.

can u pls. tell for what kinda of work u need this PC for.
    graphics work, anemation, programming, office work.

so, we can help more
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

few things i wanted to clarify;;;
    1)why do u prefer athlon to p4
    2)which is a better option-P4 with 533 MHz FSB or athlon palmino XP with 266 Mhz FSB?

THX

well it all depends on what u gonna work.
    AMD is better in things and Intel is good in others
    so what u'll be working on that machine, or just normal work, internet surfin & games
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

for graphics and office work+ a minor amount of programming
    thnx

OK,

I have tested both precessors and for games/graphics, i'd choose Athlon XP, then for work like design or scrolling over your OS (Windows mostly), (i mean a lot of programs opened at the same time in your screen), i prefer P4. I have seen many enterprises testings over the Internet and they say different things, some say P4 is better and some AMD. Personally, i decided to test them my own, and have decided to assemble a clone PC with AMD Athlon XP. I'm a gamer too, so maybe your choice could be P4 if you want to work. Don't forget about enough memory too!!!

Bye.

basic work is with multimedia & office work