Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: regarding upgrading my pc

as for me, i believe in Intel , specially the new onse which comes with 533MHz
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

i would prefer athlon xp.regarding many coputer magazines it's much stronger than p4 and much cheaper.....you can also save a lot of money.the only thing you must pay attention to,is cooling.just buy a good cooling system such as Thermaltake.i use the volcano 7+ model and my cpu works at 30 C!i have athlon xp 2200+
    www.rootforge.com

Banned
    the only downside to the amd's that i know of is that the new chips are xpensive. i read up a little and most things that i've read say that for the same price the AMD beats intel but that was for the older chips not the new 2gig range. i know some ppl who ilke the new intel p4 chips, they look alright.

thx... ur views really helped.....

jhgrew if i was you id just wait until next month cause the geforce FX is supposed to come out, none would blame you for oogaling and drooling all over yourself like your checkin out liz hurley at this card. the gfx are intense.but if you insist on buying one now i get my hardware from pricewatch.com they have very good prices.take it easy.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

thx for the info hatebreed