Military says 'hackers look like aliens with webbed feet'

Thread: Military says 'hackers look like aliens with webbed feet'

Military says 'hackers look like aliens with webbed feet'

Guys,

More info about hackers:

It seems the military has taken to portraying hackers as having the physical appearance of the swamp creature from the black lagoon or some evil space creature with a nasty set of teeth, frog shaped legs, a Worf type face and webbed feet. Over at the Andrews Air Force web site there is a collection of anti-hacker posters.

To quote Megaera LorenzI, it seems that it is human nature to dislike ambiguity. People like to be able to classify things into distinct categories -- good vs. bad, right vs. wrong, black vs. white. This very aspect of human nature has led to countless problems throughout history.

Because of this mentality, people want their bad guys to be bad and their good guys to be good, not to be left with the uneasy feeling of not knowing whether to like or dislike a given character. After all, if the bad guy is anything less than pure evil, how can we be justified in hating him? One of the most common tactics in wartime propaganda is to dehumanize the enemy. It makes it easier to kill them.
    Let us just hope that this dehumanizing of hackers is not the first step in making it easier to kill them... I can't think of any other reason to be so dehumanizing except to give me a chuckle on a Sunday night...
    Source: http://www.xatrix.org/

The most amusing was this picture

Bye.

DKRR

Exagerations? I thought we all looked like that...
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Banned

Thumbs up LOL @ IT

Whats so bad about the predator? He's like one of the coolest aliens that have ever floated through space, man. heheh

Sept the aliens from Mars Attacks, those guys were harsh. Anywho, this is a typical gov't propaganda tool used to scare the public. Kinda pointless really, since most of us are pretty scary in the first place.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

well after spending too long in basement computer labs on a diet of pizza, beer, coffee, and redbull, I'm sure many do start looking like aliens...

dhej
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel

So what if hackers look like aliens? They might as well, because everyone treats them like they are. Just like aliens, hackers could either be surprisingly good, or surprisingly bad. Just like aliens, they created a lot of controversy for developed nations. And just like aliens, they c4n s33 thr|_| j0r m1nd! ok so I'm exaggerating

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

I think I've got better hair then that!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

Banned
    %-<|>
    8-] I look better than that, whoa, *grabs another beer*