Compiling WineX

Thread: Compiling WineX

Question Compiling WineX

My new years resolution is to use Linux more and Windows less. I want to stop rebooting to play games and am asking if anyone has had any experience with or has any tips for compiling wineX after downloading it via cvs (It goes against my nature to pay ). I tried a simple ./configure, make && make install but after it had apparently compiled successfully the wineX executable was reporting missing. I read the readme and will now try and use the wineinstall in the tools directory. I wold really appreciate any tips, advice or resources that you could spare. Thanks for reading.

Here is the HOWTO.

In my opinion, these are way better than the readmes that come with packages.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thanks but does anyone have anything more specific to wineX?
    [shadow]The hunter who chases two rabbits catches neither[/shadow] - Zen Master

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.