Thread: Telnet,Packet Sender

Question Telnet,Packet Sender

Hello everybody im new here i got some questions....
    1: Telnet.... How do I use this thing? ... i connect to my server but it just throws me out....
    2: I heard that I coud use a packet sender to get someones Operating system.... How do i do this?? anybody know?? a homepage would be nice

LoL- some* of you newbies crack me up!

Read the site FAQ and use www.google.com

This is a security website... we're not going to help you crack into somones computer.

If you can't telnet to your own pc... that could be because you don't have the telnet server running? Or terminal services? Google has tons of FAQs and such. Let alone AO.

There is a search feature at the top right of the main AO page.

To find out someone's OS... ask them.
    Or you can use a port scanner...

Seriously... read the FAQ and do some searching before you ask questions that have already been asked 100+ times.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Hey The server works... I made put a password and a username to telnet but it dousent work.....
    im not going into someones computer man.... im just curius.... coz ppl can check my os right?

Oh and the server isnt on the same computer :P

Well it looks like ur account is not valid on the remote box.
    have u actually connected to the box?

in ur dos prompt type ip addy or the domain name of the host

ie.
    telnet 192.98.1.100

then u should get something like

Trying 192.98.1.100
    Connected to 192.98.1.100

then some info about the server...

Ru$kb0y

Question

What is the primary command in telnet for control other computer

Telnet : A terminal emulation program for TCP/IP networks such as the Internet. The Telnet program runs on your computer and connects your PC to a server on the network. You can then enter commands through the Telnet program and they will be executed as if you were entering them directly on the server console. This enables you to control the server and communicate with other servers on the network. To start a Telnet session, you must log in to a server by entering a valid username and password. Telnet is a common way to remotely control Web servers.

Telnet Information: http://simplythebest.net/info/telnet.html

Telnet doesn't have too many commands? It's more for Terminal Access- the commands are the same as the OS it's running from...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    nmap scanner has an OS fingerprinting option. I think thats what your looking for.

www.nmap.org

Learning the fundamental of tcp/ip would be a better option for you my young protocol
    challenged friend. May I recommend TCP/IP Illustrated Vol II.