locking folders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: locking folders

locking folders

does anyone know how can i lock a folder with a password?
    even if someone else logs in with his own profile and tries to open the folder, it will ask him for the password.

(Windows XP)

thanks
    I don\'t wanna grow up change my skateboard for a tie

I don't know the answer to your question , at least not in XP :-(

But this might help :-)

Try downloading a File Encryption Program, you can find a lot of pretty secure free distr.s on download.com... It works much like winzip- or winzip also has the ability to lock archives...

for those of you who are on a *nix box, this can be done in the command line... this link might be useful :-)
    http://www.jtpfxp.net/dirunix.htm

Hope this helps...

Have a Nice Day!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Use : Secure Files [ http://www.securefiles.net ] ,
    AB Folder Lock [ http://www.doshare.com ] , etcetra.

You would have to pay out money after the first 25-30 days of usage, not much, but yeah. Very nice software, i used them a long while ago, now i dont need to.

-inv
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

This can be done in XP. If you right click the folder then select Properties, then the Advanced button. Check the Encrypt content to secure data. Click OK. Then apply changes to subfolders and files. If a different user is logged on he/she will not be able to access any files or subfolders within that folder. The XP help system on your PC has more info on this under the security and administration section.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Here is another folder lock . Download free for 15 days, then pay $25....pretty cheap.

Here is a screen shot.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Banned
    download Blowfish it free and set your encrypt key to 156bits. use winzip to archive and lock it then write a batch script that will log to a file anyone that opens or trys to open it.

Talking Netware

Netware, it's used for an network.
    But you can secure folders with it, you can determine witch users can see / access the folder.
    If he's not allowed, the files in the folder are invisible (also in the subfolders). (if your type in the path in the address field)

Only you have to buy it.
    [pong][/pong]

Originally posted here by phaza7
    download Blowfish it free and set your encrypt key to 156bits. use winzip to archive and lock it then write a batch script that will log to a file anyone that opens or trys to open it.
    Would u mind 2 explain in detail especially the bath script part,pleez

hey try this baby it works in xp and is free

Flash M0nkey
    if its only to stop prying eyes then i just use winrar and set a password for the file - remember tho they will still be able to see file names just not open the files

you may want to rename the extension as well to like .mpg or something this is normally enough to fool n00b users

v_Ln