Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know you were a child of the 90's when...

GreekGoddess

Post You know you were a child of the 90's when...

I came across this page looking up something based on a discussion in IRC. I can't decide if it's hilarious or just so true it's disgusting...

1. You know who Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello are.

2. You begged your parents to go to Hardee's just to finish your set of plastic California Raisins figurines.

3. You religiously watched 90210, Melrose Place, Party of Five, or My So-Called Life

4. You tight-rolled your jeans.

5. You wore big hoop earrings.

6. You laughed at any of Bob Saget's jokes on America's Funniest Home Videos.

7. You watched Dial MTV, and remember who Nelson, Slaughter, Warrant, and Winger were.

8. You knew how to do the dances called the MC Hammer, the Roger Rabbit, and the running man.

9. You owned a pair of High-Tops, Keds, or Air Jordans.

10. You thought "Ice Ice Baby" was the coolest song ever, and when your parents told you Vanilla Ice would be a shot in the pan, you refused to believe them.

11. You remember when they played "I'm Proud to be an American" every 15 minutes during the Gulf War.

12. Your bangs were at least 4 inches high, and you thought it looked good.

13. A hairdryer was required to set your hair.

14. You rolled up the sleeves of your t-shirts, and tucked in the front, letting the back hang out.

15. You had any "No Fear" or "ZCavaricci" clothing.

16. You wore 2 pairs of neon colored socks.

17. You wore overalls with only one side connected.

18. Mom or Dad has ever yelled at you because s/he stepped on a Micromachine.

19. You remember when cartoons were actually GOOD, and not scary like the Teletubbies.

20. You loved to slow dance to Power Ballads.

21. You had a "snap bracelet".

22. You wore your sweatpants pulled up to your knees.

23. You had a black Debbie Gibson hat.

24. You wanted to be just like Paula Abdul.

25. You know the words to "The Humpty Dance".

26. You owned the Bell Biv DeVoe tape.

27. You said "SIKE!" or "WAY!"

28. You saw "Wayne's World" at least 2 times at the theater.

29. You loved the New Kids on the Block (and Joey was probably your favorite.)

30. You wore jeans pulled up to your navel.

31. All of your clothes were "baggy".

32. You owned a pair of biker shorts.

33. Kids Incorporated, Growing Pains, Who's The Boss, Punky Brewster, & The Cosby Show were "must see t.v.".

34. You had a boom box, or your stereo was a weird color like pink.

35. You ever woke up early on Saturday Mornings to watch Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters, Muppet Babies, Pee-Wee's Playhouse, or Darkwing Duck.

36. You never missed "Fresh Prince".

37. You or someone you knew wore "Cross-Colors" clothing.

38. You remember when TLC weren't divas, and they dressed like they were in the circus.

39. You thought "I'm Too Sexy" was such a cool song.

40. You "busted a move" while C&C Music Factory was playing.

41. You remember when Mark Wahlberg was part of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

42. You owned a silk shirt, which you tucked into your jeans.

43. You had jeans in various colors, like green, brown, black...

44. You had a "Button Your Fly" t-shirt.

45. You had a Ren and Stimpy t-shirt.

46. You thought long-haired heavy metal bands would never go out of style.

47. You were addicted to Nintendo and had finished every Super Mario game ever made.

48. There were multiple rubber bands on your ponytail.

49. You gave the "peace" sign all the time.

50. At one point, you pulled your t-shirt up over your head & ran around the house screaming, "I am Cornholio!"

51.) If you were a guy, you had your hair shaved underneath and you parted it down the middle.

52.) You had at least one birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.

53.) You owned at least one shirt that changed it's color depending on your body temperature.

54.) You wasted at least two hours of your life looking for the 3D item in the Magic Eye pictures.

55.) You owned a Teddy Ruxpin talking bear and thought it was a state-of-the-art robot.

56.) You thought you were a bad-ass gangsta for listening to NWA, Dr. Dre, or Snoop Doggy Dogg.

57.) You can remember the name of Uncle Larry's foreign cousin on "Perfect Strangers".

http://www.geocities.com/robinst8980/90schild.htm

Old Fart
    hehehe....good post GG. However, I must inform you that a child of the 70's passed it with flying colors. I must confess however that as a parent of a child of the 90's that I got it all from osmosis.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I still love Jordans and I still respect N.W.A haha

I still love Jordans, listen to N.W.A, and the peace sign never died.
    Digital underground - do the humpty huuuump :P

uh....

rock me amadeus.......
    I remember slap bracelet's, mustang II's, spies like us
    woke up on saturday morning to watch pac man, the qbert cartoons, and the get along gang....

quantum leap was still airing without reruns, shows like airwolf and knight rider were prime time action.... and geraldo got his nose broken on occasion.

damn a decade cant be that different can it?

oh....

and balky was his name-o
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

19. You remember when cartoons were actually GOOD, and not scary like the Teletubbies.

You call the teletubbies a CARTOON?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bring back DM/Count Ducula/Jamie!

You know- they say video games affect children... This seems to be a big argument, esp with violent viedo games... Well we played PacMan, and if this were true then we would all be running around dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to strange techno-music ;-)

I love being a child of the 80's/90's !!!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

we all run around in dark rooms chomping "power pills" dont we??
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

yes...yes...yes... but the "long-haired heavy metal bands" are still in style... or maybe they're just back in style, I lose track

"Keep all of your old clothes - they'll be back in style in a decade or two" - my parents

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

ummm most of that stuff is late 80's and came from the "you might be an 80's child" list. Pretty funny stuff though because I remember almost all of it.

/sigh I'm getting old.

El Diablo

50. At one point, you pulled your t-shirt up over your head & ran around the house screaming, "I am Cornholio!"

OMG...hahahahahahahaha....I don't know whether to be relieved that I'm not the only one, or horrified because so many of us did it that it made the list!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.