Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Cricket competition..

I completely agree with cgkanchi. India and Pak are the 2 most unpredictable teams. one day they r down in the dumps, the next day they emerge heroes. My heart beats for india (best batting line up), though pak has the best bowling i think (who can stand and face waqar, shoaib and wasim) though i think australia is also a good bet (their fielding is wht they depend on as i think their bowling is not as good but it looks good due to the astounding catches they take while fielding)

GO PROTEAS GO!

GOD is my CEO.

I live in the US and they never show cricket matches here so I have no idea of even who to pull for, much less what the game is really about. I have only seen some snippets before so I don't know the rules or the "teams" out there. It looks interesting and I wish I could find a carrier in this area that showed cricket matches.

Also, I would be careful about crossing that AP line as you come close to the collusion of the old AP crews that got banned a while back for something similar.

El Diablo

I would have to say that Australia will win, without a doubt. Their batting line-up is strong, Warne looks like he will be fit to bowl, and hopefully also McGrath, and their fielding is second to none.

Although, I think that Pakistan may also be hard to beat.

For all the AOers out their who arent too familiar, the Cricket World Cup this year is being played in South Africa, and the teams participating include:

Australia
    England
    Pakistan
    India
    Zimbabwe
    Namibia
    Holland
    South Africa
    Sri Lanka
    West Indies
    New Zealand
    Kenya
    Bangladesh
    Canada

It is interesting to see that Canada has a team...
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Shantz, I think Kallis,Pollock,Kirsten and also Gibbs are good contenders to face Wasim etc...
    El Diablo haven't you guys got a satelite connection somewhere where you can acess the events or yeah........mmh....how can I forget the internet of coarse.
    Practise what you preach.

yah, but I don't want to pay for satellite since I'm getting my cable connection for free (legal even ). I guess I could try to find some kind of feed off of the internet... hmmm gives me something to do over the weekend.

El Diablo

Greetings all,
    I was locked out a while back but I am fully able to communicate with you all again.I coud not believe how addictive AO became.IT FEELS GOOD.Well all I want to ask is how you guys feel about this issue of our cricketers playing in Zimbabwe.I know the country needs the foreign influx of money but still, don't you think it is rather dangerous considering the safety aspect and unstability of the country at the moment?Please let me know how you feel about this sensitive issue.I felt it was not nesessary to make a whole new post on this issue.

To me personally I think one's safety must be assured at all cost when visiting a neighbouring country.

regards
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

Really, vanman, i really believe there's no harm in playing in Zimbabwe.
    Okay, tell me, are other countries not playing ? I'm sure everybody has had a strict analysis as to whether to go or not. I guess it's alright, they know it's a little dangerous, and hence, will provide tight security. Well, india is going.

-inv
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

I am agreed with vanman and invader. I think there is no harm to play in Zimbabwe as long as we are not playing in Pakistan (one of the worst place on earth not to mention).
    And guys I didn't mean to offend any country here but I think India is going to win. I am not saying this because I am from India but they have the best team so far.

I believe "Australia, India, South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and New Zealand/West Indies" will qualify for the super-sixes, what say ?
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"