New ringtones, new annoyances.

Thread: New ringtones, new annoyances.

Question New ringtones, new annoyances.

I am browsing The Register and run into this article.

Apparently, songwriters have found a lucrative market. To sell you new ringtones...

Even though there are many hurdles to overcome - such as battery life and network speeds - the report's authors predict that the ringtone market is likely to pave the way for the eventual take-up of more elaborate mobile music.

Indeed, they claim this growing area could prove to be a neat fit for both the music and mobile phone industries.
    Now we can look forward to "Hit Me Baby One More Time" in the theater, classroom, public transportation....

heh, my girlfriend already has her phone playing "Blue Monday" which gets rather annoying after hearing it 50 million times now.

I certianly hope this is just a fad that dies away, but I don't think it is.

El Diablo

i have to agree my phone has about 50 different tones plus i can program more into it. My girl wants me to but hell no. The tones i already have get annoying after a few days.

Banned
    U cant beat the ol Trusty "Ring Ring" "Ring Ring"

I Can't be bothered with the whole Mobile Phone Ring tones just put it on vibrate...

I see nothing wrong with new ringtones, etc... Another great thing about newer technologies is that you can customize their products to suit your-self... Plus- how else are you supposed to let everyone know that you like Punk Rock or Opera?

I think it's neat- although i can understand the other side of the argument ;-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

I have the "Big Poppa" ring tone by sprint but i know some people find tones annoying so I leave my phone on vibrate in public.

Well the ringtone that I have on my phone right now is "Layla" by Eric Clapton. It sounds pretty realistic. Just thought that I would post that.
    I AM THE KING OF FRANCE!!!! NO I AM THE KING OF FRANCE!!!!

Banned
    Personally I, prefer the "ring, ring" but new tones I think is qewl.

For those that enjoy it anyway it gets old after awhile. So what else is mobile tech going to come with next.

I use the old trusty bubble and bobble tune on my Nokia 3410 phone..

I have a serial connector for Nokia 3310's and some other newer versions.. wich together with some freeware makes it possible to send ringtones and pictures (even animations) directly to the phone..
    I would never pay for ringtones and logo's.

In the Netherlands where I live the whole ringtone and logo thing is booming bussiness, there are thousands of companies selling you ringtones for over a euro per ringtone, that's not realy good value-for-money if you ask me..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

My cousin's friend programmed in "La bamba" by hand.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency