Thread: How do i get rid of a possible hacker

How do i get rid of a possible hacker

i have an ip address logged by my firewall. so far there have 92 attempts at accessing my computer from this ip. in all casses a different port is used as well as different programs such as workflow server, Phineas Phucker Trojan/igcp to name just a few. How do i get rid of this jerk

If you are DHCP, simply release and renew your IP address.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

thanks phishphreek80 but this has been going on since 12/26/02 and somehow he gets thru my router hardware to my friewall. i think my ip address has changed many times since then since it is dhcp

Lightbulb

Go in Run and type WINIPCFG and press enter and click on the command Renew all for change your IP address.

The odds of him finding you every time you grab an ip from a pool is highly unlikely. Not only
    that but him getting thru your router is even more so. It is not impossible it just indicates a high level of skill. I would be inclined to say look from within first. You are probably already infested. Download The Cleaner by Moosoft and have a go with that. Secondly make sure your
    router is not broken. Have an online port probing service verify your connection.
    Beyond that what you are saying does not make a whole lot of sense. Possible just very unlikely.

with the majority of consumer firewalls every connection attempt or probe to a port known to be used by a trojan is reported as that trojan even if that trojan is not responsible so i wouldn't give too much creedence to what the FW reports except for the fact that there is some kind of activity on/to these ports.

did you change the default password on the router? if not that could account for all the probes someone could have changed the settings. Don is right there is a good chance you've been infected already.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If all else fails do a trace route to find the warz child and contact there ISP with a complaint.
    Provide some documentation such as a screen shot of the FW logs.
    I have had this problem before and the "crackers" ISP shut him down!
    Just my 2 cents
    tired of being called an ass