Thread: MindStorms

Question MindStorms

Hey everyone...
    Well, Christmas is over and my presents are all unwrapped and most are just sitting in my closet or in the corner some where. One of them was a Lego MindStorms set that I haven't done much yet with. Don't get me wrong, I am 17 but the robotics part of it is pretty cool.
    I was just wondering if anybody here has ever tinkered around with this set and what do u think about it? I'm out of ideas and I just wanted to see if anybody here had some good ones. And yes, I have done some searching on google

The Iceman Cometh
    I LOVE Lego MindStorms. I have made some awesome little toys using those. The trick to making great things are to learn "Not Quite C". With that, you have absolute power over the machines. There some great websites out there regarding what you can make out of these things, from little robots to just walk around, to hanggliders which will fly a designated path. I don't remember any of the sites, but I found them all on Google when I first started playing with them. I suggest you check out some online tutorials of Not Quite C and get started learning. I think you'll find that MindStorms are the best kind of toy a teenager (or adult, for that matter) can have. :-) If you want help or want some ideas, PM me and I'll help you out.

AJ

Hmmmmm... I haven't played with LEGOs in many, many years. I might have to go to Wal-Mart and pick some up.