FreeBSD Server

Thread: FreeBSD Server

FreeBSD Server

Server Set-Up

Setting up web-server with FreeBSD

A friend and I are setting up a web-server with multiple services (ftp, http, etc…), so I though it would be neat If I posted our progress on AntiOnline.

This post is just a starter. To see how the idea holds up.
    If you are interested in this project reply with comments, questions, et cet era...
    What services/tools would you suggest we use…

We will be doing a fresh install on the box this weekend- I will post our stats then.

Wish us luck ;-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

It's a gas!
    It would be good if you could update on how your project goes as im soon to be setting up my own server running FreeBSD!

So if you could update on how the setup went, any errors you encountered, the specs of the box, etc. it would be helpful to me!

Oh and good luck!

If you have some linux know-how it should be a big problem at all, especially not with freebsd, wich is very complete and documented. If I'm not mistaking it even has the webserver installed automaticaly with a default installation... perl also, I don't know for sure about php and a database. My server now runs on openBSD, but I used freeBSD alot before, so if you have any questions you can post em up or PM me or whatever...
    But well you're probably done in no time...
    Double Dutch