Stop the TIA...today

Thread: Stop the TIA...today

Stop the TIA...today

Make them understand

In an article on www.buisinessweek.com entitled “Pentagon database plan hits snag on Hill” they discuss the Democrats attempt to rally support from those opposed to the TIA.

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...ies/980889.htm

This article typifies the seeming oblivion that either our government is in or they think we are in.

Here they say:

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    "The DoD recognizes American citizens' concerns about privacy invasions," the statement said. "To ensure the TIA project will not violate the privacy of American citizens, the Department has safeguards in place. In addition, (we) will research and develop technologies to protect the system from internal abuses and external threats. The goal is to achieve a quantum leap in privacy technology to ensure data is protected and used only for lawful purposes."
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

They dont seem to understand. The DoD itself IS invading our privacy. Information theft IMO is not our primary concern with this collection of information. The fact is no government should be collecting complete profiles on their citizens. There’s no good reason why they should be permitted to have this information. They do not need to know what I read, where I go and when (IRT and on the net), what my grades where in school, what illnesses I may or may not suffer from, who I associate with, what i say, what I eat and what I do for entertainment. They have all the information on me as a citizen that they need already. The rest is none of their friggen business. As a matter of fact it’s nobody’s business but mine.

Rather than helping us to stop private corporations from collecting this information which they should be doing they're collecting it themselves and using the private sectors collection to add to their own.

For those who feel the same way:

Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wisc is planning to introduce a bill TODAY to suspend the TIA until the data mining issues are looked into. I think we should take this opportunity to write our representatives and urge them to support this measure listing the real reasons we oppose the TIA. Remind them that collecting this information is something they need our permission to do and we haven’t given it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I agree, this is an infringement on our Constitutional Right to privacy. From what ive reading different articles, there is supposed to be a database monitering Foreigners in this country that keeps track of thier activities and locations which seems to me failed miserably. But unfortunately we cant blame everything on Foreigners, there are a few sicko's out there ( take for instance the Oklahoma City Bombing, no one ever suspected that the perpetrators of that act would even think about carrying it out) that plan, contemplate or carry out acts of terrorism. This is going to be a very ligitimate argument for the goverment to keep such programs, a happy medium is going to be pretty hard to do without stepping on someones toes.Some of the ideas that have been thought up to fight terrorism have some merit, but they are being enacted in a panic situation, ideas thrown together quick to get a handle on the problem and to apease the general public that as a whole feels that the government let them down by failing to prevent 9/11. They need to slow down and go through the ideas and think things out instead of just ramming it down our throats and telling us its necessary.
    Dont forget big business that steps in and makes millions from the fallout of this tragic event ,software and computer companies, security companies, and the high tech companies, in particular the one i read about thats going ahead with production of electronic implants that are planted under the skin that can be used for identification and tracking purposes, where the "wearer's" location and activities can be monitered via satelite which in particular preterbs me. Just think, all those futuristic science fiction movies we see are starting to come true. Time that people stoped, thought and acted and let your government officials know of what you think as to where this is going, before its too late.

KPATTE456 i agree with you but the reasons they may give are not valid

the people involved in the ok city bombing were a known dangerous group considered subversive by the government and were already being watched. does anyone think the report of the sale of a large amount of fertilizer in farm country would have alerted anyone to anything. maybe the rental of a van would have...not hardley.

a year and a half after the fact can not be considered a panic situation and plans put together now can not be thought of as a quick fix especially when poindexter's involved.

dont get me wrong. i have no problem with a government agency collecting data on those suspected. id be very angry if they did not but to collect data on everyone just to have it is something that should not be. it cannot lead to anything good.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

This is odd, and it get's worse. Ever since events such as 9/11 have happened, more and more rights and freedom continue to be taken away because of the attacks. Sure, some might say these are nessacary precautions, but a lot of these are nothing more than right-violating. If you start taking away everyone's rights and freedom, doesn't that kinda give a victory to the terrorist's and killers? It kinda achieve's one of their goals, they obviously don't like our rights and freedom, so now because of an attack, they succeeded. Sad, IMO. Good post Tedob and KPATTE456.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Man this Nation is slowly moving toward a more Communist nation. In regards to our freedoms, and rights
    pretty soon if the people don't stand against it there will be no more freedoms to enjoy unless U R the
    pretty darn wealthy. They're always fooling the masses that we need this or that to better protect us.
    That's the biggerst lie they have told yet. "It's only so U can't do anything with the government knowing."