Thread: Telephone<--can I build one?

Telephone<--can I build one?

A few weeks back my friend told me he posted somehing on building "boxes", there is NO real world use for these but to cheat the phone company, and it's illegal to use them, so that is totally out of the question. I was wondering about building a simple telephone and telling how it works and why. Do you believe this would be a feasible project? I opened and extra one up yesterday and there sure is a lot of stuff in there. If anyone can help me find schematics for a telephone that would be great, I've been looking and found some but i think there are probably some better out there that you all may know of. Any input or help will be appreciated. Thanks.

melakii
    \"I am trying to beat it but it is a losing fight.\" - My dad said this the day before he died. I will make him proud.

I don't know any specific resources to help you with this other than an old-fashioned search on Google. I'm just curious, are you just trying to build it to see if you can do it? I like projects like that, but I have to be in the mood to do it...
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

i have a red and a green box that i keep in my coat for emergencies, like stuck somewhere and need a ride (anyone that lives in Michigan knows not one person is gunna give you 50 cents to call for a ride) iv never had to use it yet but i have it for just in case, as far as making a fone, yea its possible, iv torn them apart inside and out just cause i wanted to see what they looked like, i learned how to clean them that way, you may need to make your phone from parts from another fone because im not sure if every part you need is easily available though.

Yes, I just thought it would be something interesting to do in my spare time. I don't want any type of box just a phone. I was playing with ours and got kind of interested in how it can take your voice and transfer it to a reciever thousands of miles away and vice versa for the other person. I really just want to know how it works. I know, sounds stupid, that's just me I guess.

melakii
    \"I am trying to beat it but it is a losing fight.\" - My dad said this the day before he died. I will make him proud.

Yea phreaking is illegal! glad you know
    have U read the tut of Wrong Tutorial posts this when better serve on Alt.Phreaking or the lack thereof. Yes, it's a feasible project, get a book on installing your on phone and a basic eletronics book it will teach you the basics of shcmatics and things.

pleAse pOst in proper Forum!!

Here is a link to a site where you can order a build-a-phone type kit. I remember seeing these things in magazines and such, so here are some links:

http://www.scientificsonline.com/ec/...egoryID=192962
    http://www.scientificsonline.com/ec/...egoryID=192957

If you have any science fair projects, etc, that is a pretty good site. I remember just turning the pages in the magazine just eyeing everything in there.

Well, good luck in building a phone. Sounds like a cool project.

-Tim_axe