Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to protect children Online

great tutorial tyger_claw!....hope to see more tutorials coming from you

optiq you are right ,morals are more important then filters....but still the net is quite an unfriendly place for children and it's necessary to take proper steps to protect them from unsuitable content....
    knowledge iz an addictive power...itz digital opium injected though ur nervous system

It's good to be concerned for your child and being his parent, knowing what he's doing on the internet. But I think that looking at his conversations on AIM is going wayy over the line ESPECIALLY if they don't know about it. Where's their privacy there? Exactly, they have none. There's some things that a child would rather tell his friends than his parents. And their parents should respect that.

And btw, hatebreed2000, good post and I agree.
    Either get busy living or get busy dying.

-The Sawshank Redemption

Yeah, i agree with you and especially parents should know that from their expirience of young lovers.

I'd just like to point out that some nanny programs filter out not only "adult" sites but also political views that the program's creators don't like! Pretty cool if you don't want your child to think for herself. Also, i went to use a library computer and this site was blocked because of "hacking/phreaking/possible criminal content"! Automated filtering does more harm than good IMHO
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

Originally posted here by deadpunk
    I'd just like to point out that some nanny programs filter out not only "adult" sites but also political views that the program's creators don't like! Pretty cool if you don't want your child to think for herself.
    I haven't seen too many children voting at the polls. As long as we have an ample supply of "AA's", they are content. And a very key point to remember is this: An Adult has already been the child's age, however the child has never been the Adult's age.

cheers

edit: besides this thread is 3 years old!
    Connection refused, try again later.