The Osmani browser

Thread: The Osmani browser

The Osmani browser

the Young Scientists is a competion open to general science, a few years ago a teenager won first prize for a cryptography project and it got her a place in a nice college. this year a sixteen year old teenage boy won first prize for an internet brower he made. i first heard about this on the grapevine, then in the written media, where it was sensationalised with claims that he wrote over a million lines of code and DOES make your "internet" 6 times faster, i doubted he wrote it, naturally. it got a quick flash on the tv news also. i just found this link to save myself some writing. lol @ comp sci people

i don't like the added dvd player and the search "features". if micros~1 did this there would be war, more accusations of trying to maintain a monopoly etc. so i wonder how far it would get if it was to be sold, or if some other small company bought it off him got away with selling it, how many and particularly what others follow this lead, and how many would lose out?

whatever messing around he did with layer 7 to make it faster, it may be topped by someone else in the morning for another company. i have little detail on the inner workings of it, but it sounds like it downloads pages like p2p software is geared to download, different parts of the page at the same time connecting to multiple servers. so it might not be best to patent it, or could he?

Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Not trying to neg the young man! But he could have use some Open Source browser code then
    modified it if he like and it would still be his browser

Still its' a good post and interesting info